PDA

View Full Version : God Bless The Marines

guerilla
04-07-2004, 12:11 PM
Im sure you all have followed the news since yesterday. For those that have not......Insurgents and rebel Shiites mounted attacks against US marines and soldier Tuesday in the city of Fallujah. The ambush resulted in the deaths of up to one dozen marines. I dont necessarily support all of the reasons we went into this war. But enough is enough. our brothers and sisters are dying every day. I say pull the boys out and level the place.

God bless their families and their souls.

kingdd
04-07-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by guerilla
Im sure you all have followed the news since yesterday. For those that have not......Insurgents and rebel Shiites mounted attacks against US marines and soldier Tuesday in the city of Fallujah. The ambush resulted in the deaths of up to one dozen marines. I dont necessarily support all of the reasons we went into this war. But enough is enough. our brothers and sisters are dying every day. I say pull the boys out and level the place.

Pull the boys out - Yes.

Level the place - No.

Lynne
04-07-2004, 04:48 PM
I'm conservative and support going after terrorists, but if these people, in general, despise Americans, is it fruitful to stay there?My husband brought up an interesting point: "Why help a people who is stabbing us in the back and will continue to do so?"

LordNeon
04-07-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Lynne
I'm conservative and support going after terrorists

Pity they weren't in Iraq.

supergarr
04-07-2004, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Lynne
I'm conservative and support going after terrorists, but if these people, in general, despise Americans, is it fruitful to stay there?My husband brought up an interesting point: "Why help a people who is stabbing us in the back and will continue to do so?"

Those are my thoughts. I believe the arabs to me more ruthless and so split amongst themselves that there will never ever be any unity in the mid east.

Heh, a palestinian friend of mine told me, "If the arabs stopped bitching at each for once and trusted each other, they would have levelled israel by now". His point being, that they all hate each other.

Iraq will never be the same, and someone else on the forum said it good as well. That perhaps we should have just left saddam in power since he knew how to control the population (even if its ruthless).

CITADEL
04-07-2004, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by guerilla

Yeah, God bless the Marines, but screw the innocent Iraqis that would die if we just "leveled the place".

Jimineye
04-07-2004, 06:56 PM
If the U.S really wanted to this is purely hypothetical so don't go and jump down my back about it.

But the U.S could go Roman Empire style on them and annex them into the U.S. Make Iraq the 51st state. :D But we have to crush the rebellion first, hmm I think Candlestick Park would be a good place to have lion vs man fights. :D

supergarr
04-07-2004, 07:12 PM
with the way things are going if bush gets elected, the whole world should be annexed by 2008 :D

kingdd
04-07-2004, 07:57 PM
The reason the Iraqis are stabbing us in the back is simple.

THEY HATE US.

you would think we would get the clue by now. We don't belong there. Iraq is trouble we don't need. It is none of our business. BUT the thing with Iraq is that they have oil and oil is gold to the US. We will continue to fight and once it is all said and done (if it ever is) we will set up a little puppet government in Iraq and sign contracts to all of their oil commodities. Hell if we were really looking for terrorists, we would be in Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan and if we were really looking to "free the people from oppression and dictatorship" we should be in any one of a handful of other nations that are much worse.