PDA

View Full Version : 130 soldiers killed in Iraq?!

LordNeon
04-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Not confirmed yet, but this doesn't sound good ....

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1130577,00.html

:eek:

supergarr
04-06-2004, 04:33 PM
wtf? i guess major combat hasnt ended. I wonder how co-ordinated all of these attacks have been? Or if it has been planned since the beginning? hmmm. And they still plan to turn over power this june to the new government? riiiiiight

supergarr
04-06-2004, 04:35 PM
cnn and bbc claim 12 though, so far.

http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/world/ny-usdeaths0407,0,7108102.story?coll=ny-homepage-big-pix

and associated press claims the same + 66 iraqis and 2 coalition troops

AnotherScorpion
04-06-2004, 05:04 PM
the battle is going on...nothing confirmed yet! But last I heard only 12 died...Sen Edward Kennedy called i "George Bush's Vietnam". It's really a mess there!!

Jakman20
04-06-2004, 05:52 PM
yeah its a shame so many ppl have died and we didnt even find nuclear weapons

BigKazWSM747
04-06-2004, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Jakman20
yeah its a shame so many ppl have died and we didnt even find nuclear weapons

we won't find nukes because there is no doubt that those didn't exist. The question was over biological weapons, and it doesn't appear as though we will find those either.

Ruthless4Life
04-06-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by BigKazWSM747
we won't find nukes because there is no doubt that those didn't exist. The question was over biological weapons, and it doesn't appear as though we will find those either.

Looks like it was a good choice of wording when Bush used the terms "weapons of mass destruction," because the amount of "destruction" can be done by a weapon is subjective.

aserecuba
04-06-2004, 09:55 PM
i must say i was for the war. but its a shame that so many people have died to free iraq and those ingrates , what do they do , turn against us. i say lets erect a forcefield aka startrek around the us .. and cuba. and everyone else can stay the **** out. they want the us to mind it's own bussiness so give them what they want.

Whingman
04-06-2004, 10:17 PM
peopel ahve been comapring Iraq to vietnam for a whiel and i have always laguhed at them when they did it becuase the had no clue what they were tlaking about but if over 100 peopel died in 24 hours, ona smalelr scale could this not be comapred to the Tet Offensive; in which millitarily the U.S won but pollitically and psychologicall the U.S got there ass handed to them, as peopel really started to quesiton the war and what they were beign told to a much higher extent...then agian wiht in a year or two after the tet offensive, nixon started his vietnamization, and turned the country over to the vietnamese. needles to say south vientam fell with out the direct ground support from the U.S. Within months after that thousands and thousands of people in south vietnam were killed by the viet minh.

Could it not be mirriored the same way if the U.S does pull out?

aserecuba
04-06-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Whingman
peopel ahve been comapring Iraq to vietnam for a whiel and i have always laguhed at them when they did it becuase the had no clue what they were tlaking about but if over 100 peopel died in 24 hours, ona smalelr scale could this not be comapred to the Tet Offensive; in which millitarily the U.S won but pollitically and psychologicall the U.S got there ass handed to them, as peopel really started to quesiton the war and what they were beign told to a much higher extent...then agian wiht in a year or two after the tet offensive, nixon started his vietnamization, and turned the country over to the vietnamese. needles to say south vientam fell with out the direct ground support from the U.S. Within months after that thousands and thousands of people in south vietnam were killed by the viet minh.

Could it not be mirriored the same way if the U.S does pull out?

Whingman
04-06-2004, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by aserecuba

I said that people have been comapring, Iraq to vietnam for a long time and i ahve always laughed at them. however with these Iraqi's "Rebells" actually attacking and facing the U.S millitarily could this not parralele the tet offensive that happend in vietnam. In which the Viet minh and viet cong, mounted attacks on southern vietnamese locations. Millitarily thsi was a great loss for the viet cong /viet minh thousands died. however, ti disheartened the U.S public as they had been told things wer enot that bad and they were getting better, the public saw it as things were extremley bad. About a year or two later Nixon (the U.S president :) ) enacted a policy of vietnamization, in which he turned over fighting ont eh ground to the south vietnamese, and slowly pulled out the American troops. However with out the direct ground support from the U.S south vietnam fell to the North.

parrallel:
While peopel are startign to voice there opinion agaisnt the war, 130 deaths in 24 hours woudl be mroe then the American public could take and woudl dishearten them. With the public against the president he would face extreme pressure to pull out the troops and at the very least he would not be able to send more in.

Thsi woudl cause a messy pull out and turn over to the Iraqi's and they may nto be able to fight off the rebels.Parrallelss vietnamization.

however once out who says the American public would want to go back in? If the Americans don't want to go in, and the "rebels" over power the government, Baghdad falls, parrallels saigon falling in vietnam.

All i am saying is this may look to parralell vietnam on a smaller scale and i am not talking about the media bull that ia out there about all these people dieing. But hwo the psychological effects of thsi battle may parrallell that of the tet offensive, ones that is done you deal with the dominoe theory (no not the truman doctrine one) but that the first dominoe has been pushed over are the rest soon to follow? jsut soemthign to think about.

aserecuba
04-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Whingman
I said that people have been comapring, Iraq to vietnam for a long time and i ahve always laughed at them. however with these Iraqi's "Rebells" actually attacking and facing the U.S millitarily could this not parralele the tet offensive that happend in vietnam. In which the Viet minh and viet cong, mounted attacks on southern vietnamese locations. Millitarily thsi was a great loss for the viet cong /viet minh thousands died. however, ti disheartened the U.S public as they had been told things wer enot that bad and they were getting better, the public saw it as things were extremley bad. About a year or two later Nixon (the U.S president :) ) enacted a policy of vietnamization, in which he turned over fighting ont eh ground to the south vietnamese, and slowly pulled out the American troops. However with out the direct ground support from the U.S south vietnam fell to the North.

parrallel:
While peopel are startign to voice there opinion agaisnt the war, 130 deaths in 24 hours woudl be mroe then the American public could take and woudl dishearten them. With the public against the president he would face extreme pressure to pull out the troops and at the very least he would not be able to send more in.

Thsi woudl cause a messy pull out and turn over to the Iraqi's and they may nto be able to fight off the rebels.Parrallelss vietnamization.

however once out who says the American public would want to go back in? If the Americans don't want to go in, and the "rebels" over power the government, Baghdad falls, parrallels saigon falling in vietnam.

All i am saying is this may look to parralell vietnam on a smaller scale and i am not talking about the media bull that ia out there about all these people dieing. But hwo the psychological effects of thsi battle may parrallell that of the tet offensive, ones that is done you deal with the dominoe theory (no not the truman doctrine one) but that the first dominoe has been pushed over are the rest soon to follow? jsut soemthign to think about.
?:)

Whingman
04-07-2004, 12:35 AM
well i ain't going to explain it agian but here is an example of what i mean by an extreme crash in support for the war....

Is the coalition in control in Iraq?

Yes 14% 65 votes

No 86% 393 votes
Total: 458 votes

so there are not many votes and it is not scientific, it does give an incling that whiel opinions have been changing this event may change them in a bigger way, weather or not 8% of the people who voted here are right or not is another question, however 2 days ago if I randomly asked500 peopel off the streets do you not think atleast 200 hundred would have said yes?

JohnnyLaw
04-07-2004, 11:30 AM
iTS NOT "iRAQ" its the douchebags in the Sunni triangle. We cant judge the whole country on that one part. I havent heard **** from the rest of the country. how are the kurds?

Danski
04-07-2004, 01:23 PM
http://www.drudgereport.com/

there is normally alot more up to date news on this site...especially with iraq