PDA

View Full Version : If you were in charge of Iraq

BuckWyld
04-06-2004, 06:05 AM
Would you allow the people to elect an Islamic government? Would you allow the constitution to be based on Islamic law?

marek
04-06-2004, 07:30 AM
whatever we do or the iraqi leadership try will always be underminded by one of the many groups and religious factions in iraq.

how stupid Pres Bush and advisors were too assume iraq was governable!!!! ( I was aganist this war) There are currently no or ever been secular democratic based gov's in middle east, except israel. Saddam was bad, real bad and I think we all now see why. he had to use force and a dictatorship to keep iraq's many groups from killing each other. There is a HUGE difference between islamic and christian based societies. i am afraid Bush and friends' experiement will only result in another group being incharge in iraq and all other groups left to suffer. And what a waste of american lives and money! I can't see that Bush has made USA safer from terrorist due to going into Iraq. Actually he complicted and delayed fighting terrorist even more.

Reborn79
04-06-2004, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by BuckWyld
Would you allow the people to elect an Islamic government? Would you allow the constitution to be based on Islamic law?

If that's what the majority wanted, then yes. Forcing an unwanted form of government on the Iraqi people will only make the situation worse.

BuckWyld
04-06-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by marek
There are currently no or ever been secular democratic based gov's in middle east, except israel.

Israel?? secular??? what have you been smoking?

supergarr
04-06-2004, 07:51 AM
he probably meant democratic

marek
04-06-2004, 08:48 AM
Israel?? secular??? what have you been smoking?

Nothing..very common misconception man. Israel has democratic elected gov and this is very clear. Not talking about their culture or religious background, governments are based on consititutions, and laws.

So you really think they the gov opens the bible & torah for ruling the country...that is funny! They have big problems with religious jews wanting to make gov more religious based like we do in usa... definately separation of religion and the state is the only way to go in a modern society.

LordNeon
04-06-2004, 09:43 AM

Possibly, because the only other option may be to sit there and try to maintain our own faltering grip on the country until the Iraqis begin to seriously revolt.

I don't think it's quite that bad yet, but the immediate future isn't looking bright.

Kane Fan
04-06-2004, 11:36 AM
it's a tough decision
see you can say 'if that's what Iraq wanted'
but how are we determining if that is what Iraqwants?
by asking the men?
if the women are not allowed to vote on if they get a vote or not, what kind of ****ed up circle is that?
I'd give them a Republic, and a base of the American Government, where women can vote and everything
then after that if an amendment passes taking away womens rights to vote, at least that way women got some say in thier future instead of being property of thier husbands

I guess I wouldn't let it be based totally on Islamic law (call me crazy but I think public stonings of people who have had bad things done TO THEM but done nothing wrong themselves hinders development of free thinking in your country) but I wouldn't mind if there was some heavy influence of Islamic law

BuckWyld
04-06-2004, 11:40 AM
I dont really see how you can deny them anysort of govenment they elect. I mean that was the promise, we were just there to over throw sadam then they could have a democratically elected govenment. Unfortunatly what I think Bush meant was we are going to over throw saddam and give you any government you want as long as it is one we think is ok.

CerealKiller
04-06-2004, 12:16 PM
I'm ususally suspect of any government that gets its power by appealing to an unseen higher power as opposed to appealing to the rights of humans here on Earth. IMO the rights of human beings should be the basis for any good government. The government's role is securing and protecting those rights and serving the people, not the right to exist so the people can serve the government.

If the Iraqi's insist in creating a Muslim government, I don't see that we have much say other than insuring that the Muslim government will be friendly towards the United States and the rest of the world.

I would prefer a freely elected contitutional republic which is much harder and takes more work than surrendering to the dictates of a religious government. If the people are clearly not ready to govern themselves (not sure if this is the case of not), then they will not be able to meet the challanges of self-government. In such case, perhaps a Clerical government would be best for them until such time as they are ready for self-government.

irpker
04-06-2004, 12:30 PM
A democratic republic with human rights that are to be unabridged. They can also write a new constitution that mirrors the American one, but with more explicitness to deal with modern issues and Islam.

dave22
04-06-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by marek
whatever we do or the iraqi leadership try will always be underminded by one of the many groups and religious factions in iraq.

how stupid Pres Bush and advisors were too assume iraq was governable!!!! ( I was aganist this war) There are currently no or ever been secular democratic based gov's in middle east, except israel. Saddam was bad, real bad and I think we all now see why. he had to use force and a dictatorship to keep iraq's many groups from killing each other. There is a HUGE difference between islamic and christian based societies. i am afraid Bush and friends' experiement will only result in another group being incharge in iraq and all other groups left to suffer. And what a waste of american lives and money! I can't see that Bush has made USA safer from terrorist due to going into Iraq. Actually he complicted and delayed fighting terrorist even more.

BUMP on that my man. I was for the war at first, actually feeling sorry for these people, but now I realize that they needed to be ruled by someone like Saddam because these people are nothing but animals that need someone like Saddam and his Baath party to keep them in line.

AnotherScorpion
04-06-2004, 04:30 PM
If I was in charge of Iraq...I will kick all the mullah's and their supporters out of Iraq and ship them to Tel Aviv! We gonna have Shi'a extremist along with their Sunni extremist of Hamas and Jihad groups fighting Israeli extremist of Shas and Likud. Let them kill each other, then the last man standing, be it an Arab or Israeli...just chop his head wit a samurai sword!!

Ali619
07-08-2014, 08:01 AM
Would you allow the people to elect an Islamic government? Would you allow the constitution to be based on Islamic law?Who are the people to begin with?

There was never an election in Iraq; both Saddam and Maliki regimes were frauds.

Iraq under Saddam Hussein was the only option to keep the country stable but thanks to Uncle Sam for turning it into chithole today.

No one can control the country at the moment, it's a mess.

Manc33
07-08-2014, 08:04 AM
No I would let women vote, have the best education system in the Arab world and have nice smooth roads... oh wait, thats what Saddam Hussein was doing in Iraq before we bombed his country into the stone age. The guy probably actually never did one single thing wrong.

Someone prove to me Saddam Hussein was even 1% as evil as we got told. Prove it or shut the fuk up calling him a dictator! Why would a dictator allow women to vote and be the only one that does and so on?

Did you know Saddam Hussein personally?
Me neither.

So how come we think we know him?

ZioBot
07-08-2014, 08:05 AM
Who are the people to begin with?

There was never an election in Iraq; both Saddam and Maliki regimes were frauds.

Iraq under Saddam Hussein was the only option to keep the country stable but thanks to Uncle Sam for turning it into chithole today.

No one can control the country at the moment, it's a mess.Nice 10 year bump. But you're right, Iraq needs a Saddam. Thanks Obama

Manc33
07-08-2014, 08:21 AM

Now expand that mindset to your own country too and you're getting warmer.

There was never an election in the US; both the 2000 and 2004 elections were frauds.

K7tjnuG-l6g

CXC3000
07-08-2014, 08:27 AM
Nice 10 year bump. But you're right, Iraq needs a Saddam. Thanks Obama

You mean Bush ? - and the vile Neo-Zionist terrorists that drew the plans for the war ?

HELIX35
07-08-2014, 08:27 AM

Learn to read a date retard

Postmort3m
07-08-2014, 08:29 AM

Just quoting so everyone can laugh at you and your 10 years in the making opinion.

Ali619
07-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Just quoting so everyone can laugh at you and your 10 years in the making opinion.I was using internet explorer.

Shortfuze
07-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Iraq could have a similar political system like Lebanon; President can be Shia, Prime Minister a Sunni, and Speaker of Parliament a Kurd. And they can rotate the position every election.

sultanofmisc
07-08-2014, 11:30 AM
Iraq could have a similar political system like Lebanon; President can be Shia, Prime Minister a Sunni, and Speaker of Parliament a Kurd. And they can rotate the position every election.

Too late, its already divided.