PDA

View Full Version : regarding pogue's rules

aserecuba
04-05-2004, 12:03 PM
you said that we shouldnt ask something like this

"Religion
Why does the Koran teach _____?"

but how are we suppossed to discuss religion if we dont ask questions about it.? i think as long as one keeps it civilized it will be fine. perhaps it should be worded differently?

dmbfan1
04-05-2004, 12:08 PM
i think someone asking a legit question, for knowledge sake, can also ask it in a non-threatening manner. it will be obvious what the intent of the post is. The mods aren't morons, they can tell the difference between questioning, and trolling.

plus, if the topic turns bad, there is always the opportuinity to close the thread later.

LordNeon
04-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Bump. I think the issue is one of tone, .i.e. the difference between "Why does the Koran direct men to grow beards?" vs. "Why do people consider Muhammad a prophet when he was really a psychotic child molester?"

bgzee
04-05-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by LordNeon
Bump. I think the issue is one of tone, .i.e. the difference between "Why does the Koran direct men to grow beards?" vs. "Why do people consider Muhammad a prophet when he was really a psychotic child molester?"

I think it depends on the context of the question like you stated.

jestros
04-05-2004, 12:20 PM
I thought this was going to be a place to have some nice religous and political arguements. Oh well.

CerealKiller
04-05-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by jestros
I thought this was going to be a place to have some nice religous and political arguements. Oh well.

It will be we're just warming up. :D

jestros
04-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by CerealKiller
It will be we're just warming up. :D
My thread got closed, I didnt think it was too bad, things that are worth discussing.

CerealKiller
04-05-2004, 12:38 PM
My thread got closed, I didnt think it was too bad, things that are worth discussing.

Respect and civility my friend, respect and civility.

pogue
04-05-2004, 12:46 PM
The thread will be modified with some rules for this forum, but I just wanted to copy it over to try and keep things civil and make people aware that the same rules apply about not flaming and keeping things civil in all forums.

Crimson-Model
04-05-2004, 04:03 PM

"Lets sue the **** outta those bible thumpers in the government to get god outta the schools and off my money. I think it's time aethists wupped some ass.
Screw all you christian, jew, muslim mo-fos!!!"

That was what you wrote in your thread. :rolleyes:
Bible Thumpers? yea...sure

Lynne
04-05-2004, 04:18 PM

Jestros,

What you said in your thread was awful. I think you need a redefinition of what "nice" means.

BigKazWSM747
04-05-2004, 05:16 PM

work on your tone and communication and maybe you can ask it again without it offending even me, a strong advocator of the separation of church and state.

TranceNRG
04-06-2004, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by LordNeon

lol

second question sounds alot like one of Starsky's questions :D

Kane Fan
04-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by BigKazWSM747
work on your tone and communication and maybe you can ask it again without it offending even me, a strong advocator of the separation of church and state.

offending you is the best part of the misc. section ; p

BigKazWSM747
04-06-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Kane Fan

lol, i guess your good at that since ignorance is usually what gets me offended the most. :D:D

jestros
04-07-2004, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Lynne
Jestros,

What you said in your thread was awful. I think you need a redefinition of what "nice" means.
Sorry, I'll play nice next time. I'll make you a cake in my easy bake oven then we can kiss and make up.

Originally posted by kane fan

Thats what I'm sayin, I thought this forum was all about talkin smack. :D

Originally posted by Crimson-Model
That was what you wrote in your thread.
Bible Thumpers? yea...sure

Although I would like to see god off money and out of the schools, I thought it was clear that my tone was in jest. You think I was serious with a line like "wup some ass"?

Crimson-Model
04-07-2004, 06:55 PM
I misunderstood, my bad.