PDA

View Full Version : Give me the NAME of the bread - PLEASE!

GiveMeAdvice
04-29-2007, 06:10 PM
I am looking for 'healthy' bread. Everytime I go in the store, the front labels say "whole grain" and all the other jazz.

But every bread I pick up, I look on the nutrition label and they are all with High Fructose Corn Syrup. All with Enriched Flour. In other words, I'm unable to find the true healthy bread.

Perhaps I can narrow it down now by name brand. When you shop, what brands are you picking up? What stores have them?

grapemaster
04-29-2007, 06:33 PM
everything that food for life makes... they have about 15 different breads... i prefer their sesame ezekiel. You'll have to go to like whole foods or a grocery store with a healthy freezer section to get it though. It has no flour. They also make healthy pitas, tortillas, hot dog buns, and hamburger buns and pasta. It is the only bread I will eat, and also a complete protein by itself. Per slice 80 calories, 4g protein, 14g carbs, .5g fat
Organic Sprouted Wheat, Organic Sprouted Barley, Organic Sprouted Millet Malted Barley, Organic Sprouted Lentils, Organic Sprouted Soybeans, Organic Sprouted Spelt, Filtered Water, Fresh Yeast, Sea Salt, Organic Unhulled Sesame Seeds. Certified Organic by QAI

the black rice china is pretty good too, and they make a no sodium version of ezekiel too.

If you had to pick a healthy bread off the bread aisle my recommendation would be pepperidge farm 15 Grain.

Hunter86
04-29-2007, 06:34 PM
Nature's Own 100% whole wheat

JH34PG
04-29-2007, 06:37 PM
listen bud...

Arnold's Multigrain bread is the absolute best...

spitfire909x
04-29-2007, 06:47 PM
Ezekiel bread. It takes some getting used to but I will probably never go back to a regular bread, it's so damn good and healthy!

WillPullForFood
04-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Nature's Own 100% whole wheat

I'll second that. Not sure what the availability is in IL, but this is my brand as well.

cobain67
04-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Ezekiel bread. It takes some getting used to but I will probably never go back to a regular bread, it's so damn good and healthy!

Agreed.

Aindreas
04-29-2007, 11:28 PM
I'll second that. Not sure what the availability is in IL, but this is my brand as well.

Thirded. Although I use the Double Fiber kind. I figure I'll take fiber where I can get it.

tosca
04-30-2007, 01:06 AM
I am looking for 'healthy' bread. Everytime I go in the store, the front labels say "whole grain" and all the other jazz.

But every bread I pick up, I look on the nutrition label and they are all with High Fructose Corn Syrup. All with Enriched Flour. In other words, I'm unable to find the true healthy bread.

Perhaps I can narrow it down now by name brand. When you shop, what brands are you picking up? What stores have them?

Yes Ezekiel has one of the better nutritional profiles, but usually you can only get that at organic stores. Try looking for Peppridge Farm Natural Honey Wheat or Honey Oat. Both are the only breads to be free of HFCS where I shop...which is Giant.

tosca
04-30-2007, 01:07 AM
listen bud...

Arnold's Multigrain bread is the absolute best...

no HFCS?