PDA

View Full Version : OK! I DO NOT eat like I should!

Anthius
04-29-2007, 12:28 PM
Do I REALLY need to eat six times a day or can I get away with not eating my recommended protein intake of 210.

gfundaro
04-29-2007, 12:56 PM
You don't need to eat 6 times a day. However, you DO need to eat your required protein. Eat 3 or 4 meals, that's fine too, but don't skimp out on protein.

carsondales
04-29-2007, 01:32 PM
agreed, but eating 6 meals a day keeps up your metabolism and lowers insulin levels

gfundaro
04-29-2007, 01:48 PM
agreed, but eating 6 meals a day keeps up your metabolism and lowers insulin levels

Well the thermic effect of food will increase or decrease depending on the size of your meal, and as long as he's eating fats and complex carbs and proteins he shouldn't get a big insulin spike eating less than 6 meals either. I only eat 5, sometimes 4.

siamesedream
04-29-2007, 01:51 PM
Get your protein intake in. That's very important, and easy to do.

Justin_itm
04-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Your body can only use what you give it. If you don't eat enough how do you expect to grow? The more you eat the more your body can work with. at the very least eat your required protein. Dieting for me was a gradual thing, slowly making it better each time I went grocery shopping.

Sixpack
04-29-2007, 03:23 PM
You need more then protein I am sorry, healthy fat and complex carbs, I have never seen anyone grow just taking in protein

You don't need to eat 6 times a day. However, you DO need to eat your required protein. Eat 3 or 4 meals, that's fine too, but don't skimp out on protein.

gfundaro
04-29-2007, 03:38 PM
You need more then protein I am sorry, healthy fat and complex carbs, I have never seen anyone grow just taking in protein

I think he meant that as his meals he'd be eating regular stuff, and just doesn't have room for 210 g/protein. I meant he can eat less than 6 meals, not just drink 6 protein shakes lol :-)