PDA

View Full Version : What should I order??

abergirl
04-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Going out with friends tomorrow and we're going to Texas Roadhouse.

I have no idea what to order, and i'm not going to dive into a cheat meal this time.

Here's the menu::

http://portal.texasroadhouse.com/NMotion/Menus/D17_1206.pdf

sportyhp
04-27-2007, 08:35 PM
grilled chicken salad w/ lower fat dressing?

siamesedream
04-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Ask for some chicken without the BBQ sauce, and order some of those sides (vegetables, green beans, sweet potato, rice). It's pretty easy to just pick and choose certain things to order at restaurants. I do it all the time. Rarely am I forced to beat the chef or waiter senseless to get my request fulfilled.

abergirl
04-27-2007, 08:58 PM

yeah i'm really scared of the extra stuff that they'll pack in that salad though and i'm not sure if lower fat would necessarily mean lower calories for the dressing...

the chicken +vegetables idea sounds pretty good but my friends will probably look at me wierd. haha. (one of them is already planning on getting full sized ribs and gulfing down the bread rolls at the table)

JHICKS3301
04-27-2007, 09:00 PM

agreed. Can never go wrong there... Simple

JHICKS3301
04-27-2007, 09:01 PM
yeah i'm really scared of the extra stuff that they'll pack in that salad though and i'm not sure if lower fat would necessarily mean lower calories for the dressing...

the chicken +vegetables idea sounds pretty good but my friends will probably look at me wierd. haha. (one of them is already planning on getting full sized ribs and gulfing down the bread rolls at the table)

LOL, You'll be fine.. Don't freak out.. Just get the Grilled Chicken with non fat/low fat dressing...

Trust me.. There are worse things for you to eat there... Sit back, relax, and don't let a salad freak you out :D

markyfarkle
04-27-2007, 09:03 PM
Go ahead and get the Chicken fried steak. Its awesome.

Just messin.

lupinecat
04-27-2007, 09:16 PM

You could ask for no dressing? That's what I always do. Or the chicken-vegie option looks good... But damn I dont know how you would keep away from some of those meals - they look totally fat-ridden but delish!

abergirl
04-27-2007, 09:21 PM
You could ask for no dressing? That's what I always do. Or the chicken-vegie option looks good... But damn I dont know how you would keep away from some of those meals - they look totally fat-ridden but delish!

haha yeah i think this is the worst restaurant to go to when i'm trying to cut right now. ahhh. should i also hold the bacon in that salad dish. haha.

siamesedream
04-27-2007, 09:48 PM

If your friends look at you weird, just order some extra sweet potatoes and lob 'em at your friends.

boyscouT
04-27-2007, 10:29 PM
I'm would go with their biggest T-bone steak, side of potatoes, and POSSIBLY (hey we are on a diet here) some gravy.

AlliKat
04-28-2007, 07:43 AM
I would get the oven roasted chicken with the 2 sides of veggies and sweet potato(or something equal)... salad wouldnt be enough for me:P unless it was a huge salad

knowles.ja
04-28-2007, 09:09 AM
You can bet that if I go to a steakhouse, I'm going to order steak. Porterhouse all the way!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p244/knowlesja/porterhouse.jpg

bradroche
04-28-2007, 10:12 AM
I was at a resturant last night...I wanted a steak so I ordered the 10oz striploin...it comes with your choice of fries, rice, potatoes, or pasta...and a side of veggies...It also comes with unlimited soup and salad and bread...

I had the steak, asked the waitress if I could have double the veggies instead of the other sides (not that rice and stuff is that bad but I figured there would be some extra calories from the rest of the meal so i skipped the carbs)

I also had 2 huge garden salads with lettuce, tomato, olives, red onion and a really good italian dressing (which i added sparingly)...my girlfriend ate the bread and we didnt bother with soup...i dont consider this a cheat at all but I also dont think any of my friends would have looked at me funny. :)

Hunter86
04-28-2007, 11:14 AM
I love their salmon. Get that with a sweet potato and veggies