PDA

View Full Version : Quinoa??

xplosivsf
04-27-2007, 02:43 PM
What is better, sticking with brown rice all of the time or switching to Quinoa?

I've read that overall quinoa is better nutritionally than brown rice, but will it really make that big of a difference on what I see in the mirror?

Never tasted quinoa before so any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

CHM
04-27-2007, 02:46 PM
Go ahead and try it. The nutritional benefits are similiar. Quinoa tastes great anyways.

djansen
04-27-2007, 03:34 PM
What is better, sticking with brown rice all of the time or switching to Quinoa?

I've read that overall quinoa is better nutritionally than brown rice, but will it really make that big of a difference on what I see in the mirror?

Never tasted quinoa before so any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

it does have a better nutrition profile but you wont notice anything in the mirior, i think it has more vitamins and such. it is more expensive in my opinion i like the taste of brown rice better but for the sake of adding variety to your diet i say give it a try!

TheNewestGuy
04-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Stuff is kinda weird. I've tried it a few times, will stick with rice.

sugapablo
04-27-2007, 03:46 PM
how about enjoying both? Just mix it up. Tonight, actually, I'm eating barley as my grain. I love the texture.

xplosivsf
04-27-2007, 04:36 PM
I heard good things about buckwheat as well.

My brother spent a couple years in Peru and said he loved Quinoa.

I am just tired of brown rice, and I usually stay away from pastas because I would probably overeat it.

austinjt
04-27-2007, 11:23 PM
Quinoa is the only grain that contains a complete protein by itself. This would make it easier for your body to make chains of proteins in building muscle. If you are having enough meat or other protein based food it prob. wouldn't make that big a difference, but it's still a great attribute.

sugapablo
04-28-2007, 04:13 AM
Quinoa is the only grain that contains a complete protein by itself.

That's because it's actually a seed, not a grain. It's just used as a grain.

TheNewestGuy
04-28-2007, 05:58 AM
I heard good things about buckwheat as well.

My brother spent a couple years in Peru and said he loved Quinoa.

I am just tired of brown rice, and I usually stay away from pastas because I would probably overeat it.

Why not get some brown rice pasta? Tastes almost exactly like regular pasta.

xplosivsf
04-28-2007, 08:43 AM
any pasta will make me want to gorge and add alfredo or marinara sauce. Don't really want to add unwanted calories like that. But I might have to give in on it eventually, I am so tired of brown rice seasoned with chilli powder and boullion.

TheNewestGuy
04-28-2007, 09:06 AM
Yeah, just brown rice pasta, tomatoes and a little olive oil and vinegar. Seems like a complete cheat meal, but it's not all that bad.