PDA

View Full Version : My main carb source is from potatoes and gainer

Muphrid
04-27-2007, 09:30 AM
I eat potatoes with a very little amount of olive oil, few times a day I suppose. This is my main carb source.

Not talking about chips or bought meals.. Just natural potatoes.
How decent are potatoes then?

The Brotherhood
04-27-2007, 09:38 AM
theyre fine

mcdbb
04-27-2007, 09:41 AM
There are far, far better options out there in the carbohydrate category. That said, it won't kill you. But could you do better? Probably. Similar to potatoes you might consider yams, squash, or sweet potatoes, even.

Personally, I would diversify your carbohydrate sources. The fact you're getting most of it from gainer isn't a particularly good thing.

Muphrid
04-27-2007, 09:53 AM
There are far, far better options out there in the carbohydrate category. That said, it won't kill you. But could you do better? Probably. Similar to potatoes you might consider yams, squash, or sweet potatoes, even.

Personally, I would diversify your carbohydrate sources. The fact you're getting most of it from gainer isn't a particularly good thing.

How about getting oats?

Bonecrshr
04-27-2007, 09:55 AM
Oats are great!

spinal1
04-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Oats, uh FRUITS?!, Oats... fruits?

;p

Muphrid
04-27-2007, 10:19 AM
I was wondering how getting oats could affect my gains. See, I'm a little ectomorph and I'm not much into "what carb is gonna make my bulk cleaner" since most of my diet consists on healthy foods and no cheat meals I just want to enjoy my carbs as much as possible and I've heard oats aren't <cynical>the most tasty thing is the world.. </cynical>

So I was wondering what carb is enough for me to gain size considering I eat the correct amount of calories.

P.S: Added about 22 pounds in 7 months and a half (on 9% bf, wasn't giving much thought about how organized my diet is)