PDA

View Full Version : Skippy Peanut Butter

AviationII
04-26-2007, 10:54 PM
im out of natural peanut butter and dont know if im getting any for the rest of the week, but i got a jar of Skippy's...it claims to have no trans fat but it has hydrogenated vegetable oil...is it safe to eat?

Kung-fusion
04-26-2007, 11:09 PM
well, it won't kill you, but it's far from healthy and after eating natural peanut butter it probably won't taste too good to you.

slaydox
04-27-2007, 01:15 AM
Its fine, You wont die. There is barely any hydronated ols in there. Regular PB is fine and still good for you.

xamadeix
04-27-2007, 01:19 AM
there isnt anything wrong with regular pb.. most people just prefer the taste of natural.

Nauxz
04-27-2007, 01:20 AM
I'm having it with bread at the moment. The fact that it does have hydrogenated vegetable oils means it has trans fat. Just less than 0.5g per serving though. I would still go with natty given the choice.

jcff
04-27-2007, 01:59 AM
Is there a hydrogenated? I dont see it in the ingredients list. Maybe you bought the skippy that is not natural. It only states palm oil, roasted peanuts, salt, sugar

xamadeix
04-27-2007, 03:21 AM
the hydrogenated oil in non natural peanut butters are crazy mininmal, its nothing to really worry about.

JustiNtense
04-27-2007, 04:39 AM
Is there a hydrogenated? I dont see it in the ingredients list. Maybe you bought the skippy that is not natural. It only states palm oil, roasted peanuts, salt, sugar

Ya, he is talking about the regular skippy peanut butter, i was kind of confused for a second too.

Sixpack
04-27-2007, 06:41 AM
Its fine eat up it will not make a difference

Dublo
04-27-2007, 07:55 AM
I personally can't stand the taste of Natural PB.

I don't mind the regular stuff. I'm not going to torture myself mentally because it has salt and a few preservatives in it.

slaydox
04-27-2007, 08:26 AM
I personally can't stand the taste of Natural PB.

I don't mind the regular stuff. I'm not going to torture myself mentally because it has salt and a few preservatives in it.

Try skippy's natural, taste like normal PB
=D

scoot557
04-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Try skippy's natural, taste like normal PB
=D

x2

I just picked up a jar yesterday, its fantastic. No stirring, and it tastes excellent.

sammy21
04-27-2007, 11:09 AM
skippy > jif >>>>> peter pan + natural + whatever else is out there

Muscle4
04-27-2007, 11:49 AM
Skippy Natural Peanut Butter has sugar in it. Look at the ingredients---they add sugar. It does taste fantastic, but that is the main reason why.

slaydox
04-27-2007, 11:51 AM
Skippy Natural Peanut Butter has sugar in it. Look at the ingredients---they add sugar. It does taste fantastic, but that is the main reason why.

So? your point?
Its natural sugars #1
and theres barely any in it...

callmeawesome
04-27-2007, 12:08 PM
So? your point?
Its natural sugars #1

ZOMG but there's 3g IN 2 TBSP.

seriously... 3g of sugar isn't going to hurt you that bad, especially if it's natty sugar.

slaydox
04-27-2007, 12:11 PM
ZOMG but there's 3g IN 2 TBSP.

seriously... 3g of sugar isn't going to hurt you that bad, especially if it's natty sugar.

X2

i_bleed_texan
04-27-2007, 01:10 PM
well, it won't kill you, but it's far from healthy and after eating natural peanut butter it probably won't taste too good to you.

The "peanuts and salt" kinds of natural PB taste like ****. I don't get how so many people on here like it. Skippy Natural, on the other hand...amirite, slaydox?

slaydox
04-27-2007, 01:16 PM
The "peanuts and salt" kinds of natural PB taste like ****. I don't get how so many people on here like it. Skippy Natural, on the other hand...amirite, slaydox?

:)
i need to get another jar today ran out :(
but i get to look for crunchy :D

i_bleed_texan
04-27-2007, 01:26 PM
:)
i need to get another jar today ran out :(
but i get to look for crunchy :D

CRUNCHY FTW! :D

Muscle4
04-27-2007, 02:09 PM
So? your point?
Its natural sugars #1

Actually, no it is not "NATURAL" sugars (as you call it). Yes, there is "natural" sugar in peanut butter, but in the natural Skippy peanut butter they ADD sugar to it. Will it screw up your eating habits horribly?? No, but that is why it taste so damn good as opposed to other natural peanut butters where sugar is not added. Nice argument though.

IronAbrams
04-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Skippy Natural is win in a jar.

scoot557
04-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Actually, no it is not "NATURAL" sugars (as you call it). Yes, there is "natural" sugar in peanut butter, but in the natural Skippy peanut butter they ADD sugar to it. Will it screw up your eating habits horribly?? No, but that is why it taste so damn good as opposed to other natural peanut butters where sugar is not added. Nice argument though.

I think you missed his 'natural sugar' point, versus HFCS.

slaydox
04-27-2007, 02:30 PM
I think you missed his 'natural sugar' point, versus HFCS.

Yea the guys just trying to be right, Skippys natural PB uses only NATURAL ingriedents yes they add sugar but it is NATURAL sugar, Molasses, Cane sugar, fructose. Anykind of natural sugar that doesnt have to be processed or minimally processed can be in it.

Nice arguement though