PDA

View Full Version : Some questions before i "bulk"...

Noland
03-23-2004, 07:13 PM
Ok,

1. Exactly what number do i need to multiply my body weight by to have the number of calories necesary to bulk? I've heard anywhere from bodyweight X 12 to bodyweight X 20! A bit confused!

2. Has anyone tried John Berardi's "massive Eating"? It can be found at t-mag and i guess has gotten a lot of praise... but i want a diet that will still give me energy, and give me STRENGTH - i dont want to be a huge 300 pound bodybuilder that can't bench his own weight, i want to be a huge 300 pound LIFTER that can bench twice his weight!

Anyway, right now im in 8th grade, and i weigh 115 pounds. I wrestled at around 105 (middle school doesnt use wrestling weight calsses, except at big tourneys).. my goal is to be around 130 by the start of summer... and then cut. Is that a realistic goal?

Thanks in advance, help is appreciated!

NobleLifter
03-23-2004, 08:52 PM
I would offer this advice. 14 is a little young to be doing a hardcore weightlifting program. You are still growing a lot, and weightlifting could mess with your growth plates and stunt your overall height. I would suggest you start doing body weight exercises: pushups, situps, pullups, and lunges....this should be good for you if you start eating. I didn't really worry about specific number of calories. Start eating a lot of food whenever you can. Try to eat 6 meals a day and keep you foods clean. By clena I mean eggs, milk, whole wheat bread, etc. This, combined with the exercises, should pack on 20 pounds in no time!

donanderson
03-23-2004, 10:17 PM
i agree with NobleLifter, you dont want to be 5'3" for the rest of your life because you started lifting hardcore when you were 14. Just eat lots of high quality protien/ low fat food while doing the basic exercises 3-4x per week and you'll see results in no time.