PDA

View Full Version : post workout

foles32
03-23-2004, 12:06 PM
postowrkout i have been having a shake with a big banna then about a hr later i have a cup of oatmeal of some sort of comxplex carb with a chicken breast or fish.... Is the bannana good to have with my shake

massive member
03-23-2004, 12:51 PM
whats in your shake?

bgtuffguy08
03-23-2004, 01:15 PM
i would go for a protein shake, probably around 40-50grams protein and a cup of oats pw. then i would wait about an hour and eat a meal.

Throwback
03-23-2004, 02:17 PM
Banana's .. it would seem .. would be a great post workout item to consume. Ideally, your protein would be whey mixed with water.

Banana's are very glycemic, which is good post workout. In fact, as far as post workout foods, I can't really think of anything better than a banana as far as real food is concerned.

Stick to your low GI carbs for the rest of your meals however. It seems like you are on the right track.

Wanker527
03-23-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Throwback
Banana's .. it would seem .. would be a great post workout item to consume. Ideally, your protein would be whey mixed with water.

Banana's are very glycemic, which is good post workout. In fact, as far as post workout foods, I can't really think of anything better than a banana as far as real food is concerned.

bump

good post. this is what i have whenever i run out of nesquik to mix with my shake.

XEastCoastHateX
03-23-2004, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by foles32
postowrkout i have been having a shake with a big banna then about a hr later i have a cup of oatmeal of some sort of comxplex carb with a chicken breast or fish.... Is the bannana good to have with my shake
some people will say no some will say yes...

look at it like this....a banana provides fructose.....your better off with dextrose and malto dextrose in the shake...than an hour after you want a carb and protein meal...

if you like the banana than eat it damn..but get some dex and malto in there