PDA

View Full Version : Good Fruits

jayranger7
03-22-2004, 05:48 PM
I am trying to lose belly fat but I like my fruits.
Pineapple strawberry canteloupe apples all good but ggod for me??

jayranger7
03-22-2004, 06:29 PM
No one has anything for me/

mivi320
03-22-2004, 06:41 PM
Fruits are fine, in moderation. The best would probably be berries, due to the fact that they are lower in carbs/fructose sugars than Other Fruits.

w8tsforlife
03-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by jayranger7
I am trying to lose belly fat but I like my fruits.
Pineapple strawberry canteloupe apples all good but ggod for me??

Apples, Blueberries, Grapefruit, Peaches, and Strawberries can create an excellent thermogenic effect. These are the best to use. I would opt for them earlier in the day also.

xxghostxx
03-22-2004, 08:14 PM
Originally posted by mivi320
Fruits are fine, in moderation. The best would probably be berries, due to the fact that they are lower in carbs/fructose sugars than Other Fruits.

Cherries, grapefruit, prunes, Dried Apricot, Apple, Peach,Pears, Plums,Strawberries... Those are all lower on the Glycemic Index.

Josh37
03-23-2004, 02:55 AM
http://t-mag.com/html/body_95forbid.html

Although all fruits have a relatively low glycemic effect, some vary rather significantly in their GI, probably because of the fructose:glucose ratio and the amount of fiber contained within the fruit. Below are just a few fruits that can be consumed and what times are best to consume them:

Early in the day
Apples
Strawberries
Oranges
Grapefruits
Cherries
Pears

Later in the day (after 6pm) and possibly post-workout
Grapes
Bananas*
Peaches
Pineapple
Dates
Figs*

*Because of higher tryptophan levels, these may be helpful in inducing sleep.

The fruits consumed earlier in the day generally have a low GI (below 50) as to keep blood glucose at a more even level. The fruits labeled for use after 6pm, or after a workout, generally have a higher GI (around 70 or more) in order to rapidly restore glycogen levels and induce a state of sleepiness. This is especially true in the case of bananas and figs.