PDA

View Full Version : Sick and Depressed

euclid
03-17-2004, 06:26 AM
Well, I've been off work for the past 2 days with this crappy cold - whole body aches, sinus pressure, headache, and cough.

I'm only 10 pounds away from my summer goal weight of 167 and now I can't exercise or lift weights or anything. I almost went and got on the elliptical for a few minutes but I know I should just rest and let my body fight the germs.

I have been forcing myself to eat my regular cutting diet foods, but man is it hard.

Besides drinking tons of water, getting plenty of vitamins, and rest, is there anything else I can be doing?

Mike83
03-17-2004, 07:16 AM
Rest! : )

dont worry, when your healthy again, go back even harder, and be happy your not sick!
GAINS!

illriginal
03-17-2004, 07:22 AM
Do not stop your diet, there has been two different times that I got sick while I have been training, and I noticed that if you keep up your supplement intake and diet you'll easily get rid of the cold. One time all I did was just sit home and eat soup and damn it took almost two weeks out of my time. The next time it happened I was like forget this ****, I aint bitchin out... I forced my meals and drank plenty of water (almost 3 gallons ED) I was only sick for 4 days! Also if you only had a cold, go for a jog. I know, I know it's best to let your body rest but if you do somethin active and, you will sweat it out. I dont really let sickness get in the way of my health anymore, unless it's serious where I get body aches then I stay in but I fight!

But yeah once it's gone bro, just hit that gym like you want to own them weights! Your body will let you know when you're fully recovered.

bakers11
03-17-2004, 07:57 AM
When I get sick I concentrate on one thing, getting better. I continue my food intake as normal, but need to halt most activities. I have asthma, so I have to stop my activities or I end up with lung infections and other wonderful issues.

Taking a break is something I would recommend. It actually may help you in the long run as it will allow your body some complete rest, which if you are going at it hardcore for a while should help you quite a bit. Relax and get better, you will be back at it soon enough.

euclid
03-17-2004, 08:32 AM
Thanks for the good info guys.

jobber4eva
03-17-2004, 09:02 AM
hot green tea w/lil honey. drink alot of tea

JGreen
03-17-2004, 09:40 AM
Drink liquids and piss them out!!

drink, piss, vitamin C, drink, piss, vitamin C, drink, piss, vitamin C, drink, piss, vitamin C, drink, piss, vitamin C, drink, piss, vitamin C, drink, piss, vitamin C,drink, piss, vitamin C