PDA

View Full Version : CNN.com Article on Skim Milk

GetShredded
04-22-2007, 09:59 AM
Just thought I would post this article, discuss if necessary.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/diet.fitness/04/19/skim.milk.reut/index.html

devire1
04-22-2007, 10:12 AM
this is nothing new... it's already well known in the BBing community that whey and casein protein is more bio available than soy protein.

mc4_a
04-22-2007, 10:14 AM
I think there's a problem in that they only compared it with a soy drink. Soy is an incomplete protein. It's not really on the level of a protein supplement. Yes, milk is better than soy, but most bodybuilders are going beyond that.

GetShredded
04-22-2007, 10:39 AM
this is nothing new... it's already well known in the BBing community that whey and casein protein is more bio available than soy protein.

Well its a new study and I know we all know this, but it was interesting.

ElMariachi
04-22-2007, 10:42 AM
I think there's a problem in that they only compared it with a soy drink. Soy is an incomplete protein. It's not really on the level of a protein supplement. Yes, milk is better than soy, but most bodybuilders are going beyond that.

WRONG. Most plant proteins are incomplete, but soy offers a complete amino profile. Not really promoting or defending soy here, just simply saying that you need to check your facts.

psych
04-22-2007, 10:46 AM
WRONG. Most plant proteins are incomplete, but soy offers a complete amino profile. Not really promoting or defending soy here, just simply saying that you need to check your facts.

could it be that most people say that its an incomplete protein because of a possible lower amount of some amino acids?

KryptoKnight
04-22-2007, 10:59 AM
All this is saying is have your protein pwo (not soy). Simple enough... why is it a new study? I guess because it's just comparing casein/whey to soy?