PDA

View Full Version : My new Clean Lean Football Prep bulk.. need critique

Lax891122
04-21-2007, 10:59 PM
Im making this diet in order to gain some good muscle and minimize fat as much as possible. Im going to play college football next year and I need to gain as much strength as possible.

I lift MWF and so some smaller stuff saturday. MWF is at 6AM Saturday is whenever. Im 6'2" 210 lbs. Not sure BF% but kind of high teens ish. Dont like it but not much i can do.. its grind time and strength is more important than a cut body

On a normal day

Meal 1- 7AM ish
2 eggs 3 egg whites
2 pieces of nine grain bread(good bread)

Meal 2 - Unsure.. my school schedule is different every day.. we go on a 6 day rotation. Lunch is always different. Could be 10am could be 12pm
Can of tuna
1 cup of brown rice
1 oz cashews
A few other assorted goodies that my mom feels like tossing in my lunch.. usually some veggies like cucumber and peppers.

Meal 3 - 3pm
8-10 oz chicken breast
1 Cup of brown rice or two pieces of whole grain bread.. which ever is available

Lacrosse Practice 5-7

Meal 4 - 7:30 PM
-Whatever my mom makes for dinner. If its a healthy food.. which it usually is(transformed my family into healthy eater :) )Ill eat a ton. This can be ground beef tacos, chicken breast, pasta, who knows. If its not too healthy(once in awhile) ill eat a little and have a shake to get protein.
-Salad

Meal 5 - 10-11PM
10oz Milk
1 Scoop Micellar Matrix
1 1/2 oz cashews

Workout days

Meal 1- 5AM
1 Scoop Whey
1 apple

Meal 2 - 8AM
2 scoops whey
2 Banannas

The rest is the same as above after this.

How does this look? With lacrosse and school I can really only get five good meals in. I suppose I could bring a shake to school to toss in another 50g of protein which would really help. Do this around.. 11AM ish?

Gimme info! PLEASE!\

Just figured it out on non workout days id get about 220g of protein. On workout days, I'd get about 270g. If I added a scoop of whey in the middle of every day itd bump the numbers up another 25g.. so I may do that.

Environ
04-22-2007, 02:29 AM
ON workout days, you say that you have meal 2 at 8 am and after that, it's the same as on non-lifting days. Does that mean that meal 3 is at 3 pm or do you have it at either 10 or 12 depending on your schedule? You can't afford to from 8 am to 3 pm without some meals in between.

You should also change your first meal on training days. An apple and a shake is hardly sufficient before a workout. Have something with more energy in it. If you have enough time to digest it, have oatmeal but if not, then a faster digesting carb source is better.

How many calories are you getting in a day with that diet? You say your body fat is in the high teens, so the worst case scenario is 20%. At 210 lbs and 20% body fat, you would still need 3669 calories on lifting days and 3297 on lacrosse days. Are you sure you are getting that?

Finally, you can lose body fat and gain stength at the same time. You just have to be more diligent with what you are eating.

Lax891122
04-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Ok.. on workout days meal 3 is at 10-12 meal four would be at 3. So on workout days id have 6-7 meals. Non workout 5-6.

About the pre WO meal.. I cant eat much at all before I lift early in the morning. I dont know why.. Ive tried.. I just cant. I have terrible workouts. I could eat two apples and a shake.. but I really just cant eat a ton. Would a 1/2 cup of oats, apple, and scoop of whey be better?