PDA

View Full Version : Carbon/charcoal?

berzerker
04-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Is there any/benefit to eating it? I'm not talking about going to the grill store and buying a bag of char-king and munching away. Occasionally I'll forget about a chicken breast on the grill a few minute and it will burn pretty good leaving a pretty charred layer on it. Does this hurt you in any way? I imagine it isn't too horrible because those chaser pills for hangovers are basically charcoal pills and they supposedly don't hurt you. I was just wondering if this is something I should cut off my chicken or steak when it happens. The taste isn't the best, but I usually eat it anyway because I hate to waste. If it isn't a problem I'll continue doing so, but if there is any reason I shouldn't eat it I'll probably just suck it up and toss it. Thanks guys.

Gizmosbro2
04-21-2007, 06:44 PM
people say that char is full of carcinogens.

user8799
04-21-2007, 06:46 PM
Some people like to think it causes cancer.

berzerker
04-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Ok, wow. Good enough reason for me. Lol. Thanks guys, repped.

JiP
04-21-2007, 07:07 PM
crisis averted, lesson learned don't eat charcoal!

DriverDan
04-21-2007, 09:01 PM
Some people like to think it causes cancer.
And some people think Muscle Tech makes good products. Just because people think or say something doesn't make it true, especially on the internet.

tweaked17
04-21-2007, 09:26 PM
And some people think Muscle Tech makes good products. Just because people think or say something doesn't make it true, especially on the internet.

grilling meat creates HCAs (or HAs) out of certain amino acids ... HCAs cause cancer in animals.

logical conclusion.

was 100% of my meal tonight made on the grill? yes.

that said, don't eat extremely charred parts of the meat if you're worried; especially don't eat charcoal lol