PDA

View Full Version : Another skinny ectomorph please read!!

Benkanamori
03-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Specific question :

I'm 6'4".5 , 22 yrs, 170lbs. Very skinny. The majority of my body fat is around my waist /stomach. The side profile in the mirror on exhalation. Does not look pretty. I've put on about 8lbs in the last month by eating loads (3500cals approx) . All around my stomach. I hope to start gym next 2 weeks.
Sub question 1:
Why do I not 'fill out'? Why is all I have a bloated gut like I'm pregnant? This is very frustrating and I am afraid of contuining this regime. All my intake has been 'clean' carbs 2.5g per lb and 1.5g protein per lb. Clean fat intake in normal range.
Sub question 2:
How do I get rid of this bloody awful pot belly. Hope cardio is not the answer, I want maximum muscle gains.

THanks for your time fellas I woudnt have asked this question if there wasnt an answer already on this forum. (well i Was looking for one for 2+ hours :)

bgzee
03-09-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Benkanamori
Specific question :

I'm 6'4".5 , 22 yrs, 170lbs. Very skinny. The majority of my body fat is around my waist /stomach. The side profile in the mirror on exhalation. Does not look pretty. I've put on about 8lbs in the last month by eating loads (3500cals approx) . All around my stomach. I hope to start gym next 2 weeks.
Sub question 1:
Why do I not 'fill out'? Why is all I have a bloated gut like I'm pregnant? This is very frustrating and I am afraid of contuining this regime. All my intake has been 'clean' carbs 2.5g per lb and 1.5g protein per lb. Clean fat intake in normal range.
Sub question 2:
How do I get rid of this bloody awful pot belly. Hope cardio is not the answer, I want maximum muscle gains.

THanks for your time fellas I woudnt have asked this question if there wasnt an answer already on this forum. (well i Was looking for one for 2+ hours :)

So your eating 3500 cals, but NOT working out? Well, all thats gonna do is put on fat. I would go down to maitinence calories until you start working out, otherwise the overage of calories will mostly result in fat. You will fill out once you start lifting weights.

Cardinal
03-09-2004, 08:39 PM
Sometimes the whole endo/ecto thing can be a bit of a misnomer. Lots of ectos find that when they go too high in cals they just end up getting fat. Skinny fat syndrome if you will and average genes at best. I agree tone the cals down some until you hit the weights hard.

I would also look strongly at your training regimen. Use a couple of HIIT cardio sessions a week if you want to limit fat accretion on a bulk.

Post your diet and your current workout and it willl be easier to tell whats up.

massive member
03-10-2004, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by bgzee
So your eating 3500 cals, but NOT working out?
there you go