PDA

View Full Version : I've got a ulcer....question?

slag
04-20-2007, 04:03 PM
So i have a ulcer, currently off any supplements and only takin prilosec. anyways...

i got into a argument today with a co-worker. preety much she was telling me that a stomach ulcer never heals, it can be treated. but not healed, you just have to avoid foods that irritate it

while everything i've been told and read, says that ulcers are completely healable.

who is right?

oziem
04-20-2007, 04:06 PM
So i have a ulcer, currently off any supplements and only takin prilosec. anyways...

i got into a argument today with a co-worker. preety much she was telling me that a stomach ulcer never heals, it can be treated. but not healed, you just have to avoid foods that irritate it

while everything i've been told and read, says that ulcers are completely healable.

who is right?

You're right
I have seen all sorts heal and am familiar with their treatments.

slag
04-20-2007, 04:09 PM
You're right
I have seen all sorts heal and am familiar with their treatments.

cool cool, so question. i don't have too bad of a ulcer. i don't really get the stabing pains anymore (had it since saturday). and i'm not officaly diagnosed (cousin is a pharmacist, he suggested the prilosec). so with that in mind. how long do you think it'll take tell it'll heal?

im still spitting blood (black obviously). and my stool is still dark/black.

oh, and if the prilosec doesn't work. is there any other thing that i could get off the shelf? without having to get a prescription from a doc? (no health insurance)

slag
04-20-2007, 05:47 PM
ttt

Newbtime
04-20-2007, 05:55 PM

bull****...

I had a ulcer a couple years ago and don't have one now.

PopeGregorius
04-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Go to a doctor, get a blood test for helicobacter pylori, take antibiotics, cured.

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/medicine/laureates/2005/press.html

Ajaxus
04-20-2007, 11:18 PM
cool cool, so question. i don't have too bad of a ulcer. i don't really get the stabing pains anymore (had it since saturday). and i'm not officaly diagnosed (cousin is a pharmacist, he suggested the prilosec). so with that in mind. how long do you think it'll take tell it'll heal?

im still spitting blood (black obviously). and my stool is still dark/black.

oh, and if the prilosec doesn't work. is there any other thing that i could get off the shelf? without having to get a prescription from a doc? (no health insurance)

prilosec is probably your best bet for anything OTC. a typical prilosec cycle should last 2 weeks, no longer (should say it on the box).

i would say if after 2 weeks you're still having issues with the ulcer, it would be time to consult a physician. if you have an Urgent Care center in your area I would suggest going there rather than an ER..typically the wait time is shorter there than at the ER.

slag
04-21-2007, 11:25 AM
Update: actually woke up this morning, did my usuall yawn, and back stretch, then pissed and spit. no blood in my spit this time! w00t w00t. i'm still not gonna stop takin prilosec, i'm gonna give it a few more days. plus, i have to see how my stool is, if its still black

CallMeGod
04-21-2007, 12:00 PM
I have an ulcer also and its heredity because thats how my father dealt with stress was through ulcers... whatever you do don't drink orange juice. That is the worst possible thing but you will have that burning sensation every morning you wake up

If its still black then go see your doctor... its nothing you need to go to the ER for unless you don't hit the jon for about a week straight then you have a real problem.

Ulcers are not permanent. They do go away but the only reason why mine don't is because thats how my body reacts to stress in everyday life.

slag
04-22-2007, 11:34 AM
UPDATE #2: passed some stool this morning, was still black, i'm preety sure its from the day before

later tonight i passed some again. it was normal brown colored looking. i feel cured!!! lol, i'm still gonna take the prilosec, i've only got like another weeks left worth.