PDA

View Full Version : joints in my neck causing me trouble

imaloser
04-20-2007, 02:13 PM
I have this problem I dont know if its common but for nearly a year now I have been training through pain.

Basically the problem is with the left had side of my neck and shoulder, it affects me a little bit in most exercises but the exercise its bothers me most is on bicep work, and it doesnt matter what type of bicep exercise it is ,they all affect me

Basically what happens is that I get a very fatiqueing type of pain on that side of my neck and shoulder that I just have to put the weight down, it not like the fatique of a burn when your failing on an bodypart,its a horrible feeling and its not actual heavy weight that affects it, higher reps affects me more in fact if I did 15 reps of a light weight on barbell curls its really bad.

Even when I am standing reading a news paper in a supermarket or if I am holding a bag of shopping with my left hand I can feel it

Do you know what the problem is?

I thinking of taking 4-6 weeks off training sticking to my diet and just do cardio in that time, and have some physio done and go back fresh

oziem
04-20-2007, 03:08 PM
I have this problem I dont know if its common but for nearly a year now I have been training through pain.

Basically the problem is with the left had side of my neck and shoulder, it affects me a little bit in most exercises but the exercise its bothers me most is on bicep work, and it doesnt matter what type of bicep exercise it is ,they all affect me

Basically what happens is that I get a very fatiqueing type of pain on that side of my neck and shoulder that I just have to put the weight down, it not like the fatique of a burn when your failing on an bodypart,its a horrible feeling and its not actual heavy weight that affects it, higher reps affects me more in fact if I did 15 reps of a light weight on barbell curls its really bad.

Even when I am standing reading a news paper in a supermarket or if I am holding a bag of shopping with my left hand I can feel it

Do you know what the problem is?

I thinking of taking 4-6 weeks off training sticking to my diet and just do cardio in that time, and have some physio done and go back fresh

neuros and chiros would look to C5 nerve from neck injury.