PDA

View Full Version : Possible hip flexor/glute injury how long should I rest it?

laracroft
04-20-2007, 11:12 AM
I think I have definitely done some damage and it's so painful. Never had this type of injury before, it's hard to know if it's the hip flexor or the glute medius. I was planning to do a good run tomorrow but I know that's out of the question. I am fairly sure I did it on the leg press, went way over what I normally do, and I wasn't ready.

irongrl
04-20-2007, 12:56 PM
I think I have definitely done some damage and it's so painful. Never had this type of injury before, it's hard to know if it's the hip flexor or the glute medius. I was planning to do a good run tomorrow but I know that's out of the question. I am fairly sure I did it on the leg press, went way over what I normally do, and I wasn't ready.

You might want to see a doctor or physical therapist to get a diagnosis.
It's hard to say how long to rest it without knowing what the injury is. It's definitely a good idea not to run tomorrow though. You shouldn't do anything to aggravate right now.

Did you feel something tear or pull while on the leg press or did the pain start after you were done? Do you have any bruising or swelling?

Good luck - Hope you feel better soon:)

laracroft
04-20-2007, 01:35 PM
I didn't feel a tear at the time, I completed the workout and felt ok until the next day. No bruising or swelling, just really aching. It's come at the worse possible time as I have my gym instructor practical exam in 3 weeks and I really need to be getting some practice in with free weights.Thanks for your advice. I am going to be really strict with myself and rest it up for a couple of days.

irongrl
04-20-2007, 01:51 PM
I think if you rest it completely for 2-3 days that would be very helpful. It might just be a little irritated and that may clear it up for you. You can try icing the area too. If it still feels bad after the rest period I would have a doctor or physical therapist check it out.

Keep us posted!

Jimmy Smith
04-20-2007, 05:09 PM
What gives it pain? Hip flexion? Hip Extension?

What movements cause pain?