PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder question

GLB
04-20-2007, 11:01 AM
Can you put too much stress and cause injuries to your shoulders if you take too close of a grip when doing presses like bench and military presses.

Also I have been taking Animal Flex for my joints but is there a better supplement than that because I still get popping sounds in my shoulders and knees.

AphtaLyfe
04-21-2007, 03:18 PM
If you have already damaged your joint, taking all the supplements in the world will not really help you all that much if you keep lifting on them...

Military press can be pretty stressful on your shoulder joint (abduction with external rotation), but close grip bench shouldn't really hurt your shoulders (maybe your elbows)

If the lift hurts. Stop doing that lift and do a different one. If that one hurts too. Stop lifting that muscle group for a while and let it rest/heal. LISTEN TO YOUR BODY, DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE I DID.

Now I have a torn labrum in my right shoulder and 4-6 months before I can go back to MMA training/Lifting...

As for supplements... I take MSM, Chondroitin, Glucosamine, Fish oil, Calcium, and a multi-vitamin. Just trying to get my joint to heal a little faster... even shaving a week off of rehab is worth it.

-Good Luck