PDA

View Full Version : Carb Cycling for weight loss

darklord
03-06-2004, 08:29 PM
I'm starting to loose faith in CKD, i find it very hard to stick to low carbs for 6 days at a time.

However i've discovered Carb Cycling, i'm interested in this concept and would like anyone who has used this, to share their experiences.

Below is a link with the information
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/par30.htm

ronmolina
03-07-2004, 03:46 AM
It far beats keto and there are many variations of it. It does work and work well.

Cardinal
03-07-2004, 08:42 AM
CKD and twin peak's both cycle carbohydrate intake. So does ud2.0. Natural hormonal enhancement does this as well.

Waiting 5 days for a carb load is one of my major issues with using a ckd long term. Fundamentally my problem is that all that dietary fat does little to bring me satiety as it does for many folks. I also have a tough time maintaining energy levels on ckd due to lowered glycogen toward the end of the week.

Whether cycling carbs over such a short timeframe (say 3 days) makes a tremendous physiological difference over a standard moderate carb cutting approach, I can't honestly say. But it is psychologically much easier for me to stick to and far more enjoyable in general. I can regulate calories easier as well.

My sense of self-regulation suchs though. Like many others I would have to watch caloric intake on Twin Peak's plan lest I find myself bulking. From all I hear, TP's plan is incredibly enjoyable to be on and rather stress free which is huge imo.

In general I think it is a solid alternative for those that don't fair so well on ckd, skd, tkd etc type diets.

I certainly can't say it beats ckd hands down, as it can certainly be argued that it is a matter of personal preference. I personally prefer my own version of cho cycling.

-Cardinal

darklord
03-07-2004, 02:05 PM
Awesome, TP looks like it will be easier for me to stick to, as i know a highcarb day is only at max 2 days away... instead of 5.

Anyone else have any comments or suggestions?

darklord
03-08-2004, 01:22 AM
Bump, anyone?