PDA

View Full Version : Tender Ankle

pmorales
04-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Hey guys, about 3 years ago or so I broke my leg (tib and fib) playing hockey, and had a rod inserted as well as 4 screws. Since then skating has never been a problem, however while running (distance especially) my ankle seems to get very tender and sore. This results in my running turning into a mere limp, ruining my cardio. I'm tired of the bike, and inline skating so my question was if anyone knew of any highly effective ankle strengthening/stabalizing exercises that may help? Thanks a lot.

Jimmy Smith
04-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Hey guys, about 3 years ago or so I broke my leg (tib and fib) playing hockey, and had a rod inserted as well as 4 screws. Since then skating has never been a problem, however while running (distance especially) my ankle seems to get very tender and sore. This results in my running turning into a mere limp, ruining my cardio. I'm tired of the bike, and inline skating so my question was if anyone knew of any highly effective ankle strengthening/stabalizing exercises that may help? Thanks a lot.

-Work to increase your proprioceptive output by focusing on single leg movements and through various balance devices
-Get your glute medius to refire through clams and side steps
-Loosing up your calves and get some strength in your peroneals through various inversion/eversion exercises

Jimmy
www.jimmysmithtraining.com