PDA

View Full Version : does tuna have enough fat for a protein + fat meal before bed?

Tick Tick Boom
03-05-2004, 05:58 AM
like a 6 oz. can of tuna? maybe two if one isn't sufficient?

ROCK CRUSHER
03-05-2004, 06:17 AM
depends on what its in, water or oil. who wants tuna before bed anyway.

Tick Tick Boom
03-05-2004, 06:19 AM
it's chunk light in water.

i dont mind eating tuna. it tastes good. i think it has 1 g of fat / serving. 1 can = 3.5 servings

sidewinda
03-05-2004, 06:23 AM
Tuna hardly has any fat in it at all. If you're looking for some fats before bed, check out olive oil, flax oil, or peanut butter.

ROCK CRUSHER
03-05-2004, 06:24 AM
1 x 3.5 = 3.5gms of fat.

not enough. you could add 1tbls of mayo.

w8tsforlife
03-05-2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by Tick Tick Boom
like a 6 oz. can of tuna? maybe two if one isn't sufficient?

Have some flax oil or flax meal, a couple tbsp.'s of peanut butter, or even some heavy cream if on a gaining diet. I like a shake of a blended protein, 2 tbsp. heavy cream, and 2 tbsp. flax oil. I think a liquid "meal" will be superior to a food meal at this time, a bit easier on the digestive system, thus giving it a bit of a rest at night. Another if you prefer is cottage cheese and flax meal. Sprinkle it right on top.

Tick Tick Boom
03-05-2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by w8tsforlife
Have some flax oil or flax meal, a couple tbsp.'s of peanut butter, or even some heavy cream if on a gaining diet. I like a shake of a blended protein, 2 tbsp. heavy cream, and 2 tbsp. flax oil. I think a liquid "meal" will be superior to a food meal at this time, a bit easier on the digestive system, thus giving it a bit of a rest at night. Another if you prefer is cottage cheese and flax meal. Sprinkle it right on top.

i'm cutting though, so i'm not sure

w8tsforlife
03-05-2004, 07:28 AM
i'm cutting though, so i'm not sure

If cutting, just have a tbsp. of flax oil if it is in your diet parameters(macros). If not, why have any fat? sure it will slow digestion, but you can have some fibrous veggies that will suffice nicely. Why not try an omlette? 5 eggwhites, 1 whole egg (some fats), lots of omlette veggies(great fiber), and top with a bit of salsa. Great fill meal before bed with about 150 total calories. I use this competition dieting all the time.

Tick Tick Boom
03-05-2004, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by w8tsforlife
If cutting, just have a tbsp. of flax oil if it is in your diet parameters(macros). If not, why have any fat? sure it will slow digestion, but you can have some fibrous veggies that will suffice nicely. Why not try an omlette? 5 eggwhites, 1 whole egg (some fats), lots of omlette veggies(great fiber), and top with a bit of salsa. Great fill meal before bed with about 150 total calories. I use this competition dieting all the time.

cottage cheese + natty pb = good even when cutting, yea?

w8tsforlife
03-05-2004, 07:41 AM
cottage cheese + natty pb = good even when cutting, yea?

Depends on where you are at in your cutting diet. At the beginning, I guess it will work fine if it fits in your overall calorie cut for that period. But as time goes on and your bodyfat gets lower, I wouldn't use that. Cottage cheese, though good casein protein, if you look at the carbs they are all sugar. And PB is all Omega 6 fatty acids. This to me is more of a gaining bedtime meal.

cramron
03-05-2004, 08:43 AM
2 cans of tuna, 2 tablespoons of organic expeller pressed safflower mayonaisse and 1.5 tablespoons of lemon juice...mix good and ENJOY