PDA

View Full Version : Best Things To Eat To Help Concentrate For A Test?

slag
04-19-2007, 12:16 AM
Well, tommarow i have a hard-ass test coming up. litteraly this will make me or brake me.

are there anythings that i could eat that are known to help with concentration? or preety much anything that i might have around that will help me with my test taking?

user178944
04-19-2007, 12:20 AM
adderal

Skyles
04-19-2007, 12:43 AM
Raisins, almonds, peanut butter.

J_White1
04-19-2007, 03:15 AM
+ b-complex

Skull Crusher Chris
04-19-2007, 03:52 AM
Well, tommarow i have a hard-ass test coming up. litteraly this will make me or brake me.

are there anythings that i could eat that are known to help with concentration? or preety much anything that i might have around that will help me with my test taking?

I always feel that a warm bowl of oatmeal w/ whey powder puts me in a good mindset for a test. Not sure why but I can concentrate better and think clearer while being calm and cool during the test.

tuberacer49
04-19-2007, 03:53 AM
CARBOHYDRATES. Simple, or complex - it'll fuel your brain.

iBswole
04-19-2007, 05:37 AM
this is good advice and avoid foods that are harder to digest. My dad swore by avoiding turkey, most dairy and acidic items (like oranges etc). Fruit and some complex carbs are awsome for test prep. Fish is also brain food. I have no scientific evidence but my dad holds 2 phd's and still remembers his highschool physics, what he ate before every final, and keeps his university notes from yester year in his office - each paper /exam/assignment/review/report never falling belor 90%. i'm not trying to boast abt my dad but he's diet is predominantly made up of fish and complex carbs and he'svery rarely gained any weight

medo30886
04-19-2007, 06:04 AM
Very Good Advice

tweaked17
04-19-2007, 06:16 AM
adderal
very poor advice...

I always feel that a warm bowl of oatmeal w/ whey powder puts me in a good mindset for a test. Not sure why but I can concentrate better and think clearer while being calm and cool during the test.
^^
if it's a morning exam (~8am), I like to get up early (at least 2 1/2-3 hours before the exam) get a little protein in me (usually just whey+milk) and have a nice bowl of oats or oat bran.. ~30 minutes before i usually have a cup of black coffee.

GetShredded
04-19-2007, 06:38 AM
A good solid breakfast with fruit.

Some reviews show that white flood by CL helps with staying focused, just a thought.

baarat
04-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Some meat like chicken or beef, peanuts. Anything with niacin in it, or a B3 vitamin. Also you want to keep your brain activity leading up to a test fairly clear of anything, so don't study the morning of a test, except a refresher say like 10 minutes before. IMO

grapemaster
04-19-2007, 07:17 AM
piracetam, aniracetam, hydergine, alcar+ala, vincopetine, deprenyl (selegline), bacopa, some type of choline source... could use a combination of the above, deprenyl not necessary but will give u a good positive boost... I doubt you have any of that on hand so... just eat a good meal, and maybe next time. Personally I take piracetam, alcar+ala, bacopa, and lecithin (choline) everyday... They are all quite cheap except the ALCAR. Other than that get your EFAs and steady supply of glucose.

BigGameJames
04-19-2007, 07:51 AM
The most important thing is routine. If you've been eating pizza and soda for weeks and feel perfectly fine, then don't change your routine because of the test. It'll throw your body and mind off. Just continue the same things you've been eating.

If you have more than 1 week to prepare, then I would pick a food that doesn't mess with your stomach and eat the foods at the same time you will eat for the day of the test. And study/take practice tests at the same time of your test. It doesn't matter what you eat if you wake up every day at 11 to study and then on the day of your test, you wake up at 7 to take the test at 8.

I also recently took a big test. I scheduled my test at the same time I practiced, and ate the same foods for about a week leading up to the big day. I ate a turkey sandwich (wheat bread, mayo, turkey) and 1 clifff bar. Good luck.

sompz
04-19-2007, 09:45 AM
I was actually going to start a new thread about this, but I think my topic fits in nicely here.

How much energy do you guys think one uses during class? I'm asking becuase today is my HIIT day, so I got up at 7 30 and made sure to load up on some carbs for energy (my workout is after my 8 am class at around 9 30).
I left my apartment full of energy after finishing my breakfast of 1 cup oats, 1 scoop whey and 1 tblsp PB (also used 2 tblsp unsweetened cocoa and some sprays of PARKAY).

Only problem is my 8 am class is really rough (Advanced Topics: Cell Biology and Physiology) and after taking an hour and 15 minutes of nonstop notes, I WAS DRAINED...BOTH MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY. I still gathered enough energy to do my workout and finish it, but it was hell...i literally had nothing left...

So I was wondering how much energy (i guess calories) are spent during a nonstop intense class? I dont understand, maybe I'm completely off and it was some other factor, but I felt drained...and honestly,...my breakfast had a decent amount of carbs (fast digesting yes....but the PB should have helped with that). I should have had enough energy to not feel like crap.

I was thinking since my brain was fully active for quite some time (using glucose as its main energy source), maybe that could have been a factor?

Capt.Morgan
04-19-2007, 10:37 AM
adderal

hahaah

study+adderall.. love it

slaydox
04-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Caffeine, In low to moderate doses caffiene will increase concentration, Focus and clear thinking

grapemaster
04-19-2007, 11:22 AM
I was actually going to start a new thread about this, but I think my topic fits in nicely here.

How much energy do you guys think one uses during class? I'm asking becuase today is my HIIT day, so I got up at 7 30 and made sure to load up on some carbs for energy (my workout is after my 8 am class at around 9 30).
I left my apartment full of energy after finishing my breakfast of 1 cup oats, 1 scoop whey and 1 tblsp PB (also used 2 tblsp unsweetened cocoa and some sprays of PARKAY).

Only problem is my 8 am class is really rough (Advanced Topics: Cell Biology and Physiology) and after taking an hour and 15 minutes of nonstop notes, I WAS DRAINED...BOTH MENTALLY AND PHYSICALLY. I still gathered enough energy to do my workout and finish it, but it was hell...i literally had nothing left...

So I was wondering how much energy (i guess calories) are spent during a nonstop intense class? I dont understand, maybe I'm completely off and it was some other factor, but I felt drained...and honestly,...my breakfast had a decent amount of carbs (fast digesting yes....but the PB should have helped with that). I should have had enough energy to not feel like crap.

I was thinking since my brain was fully active for quite some time (using glucose as its main energy source), maybe that could have been a factor?

wait to u start really working... i do mentally demanding stuff 8-9 hours straight everyday doing database and coding stuff... u just get used to it man. caffiene is *not* the way... u'll burn out eventually. smart drugs on the other hand will keep u relaxed and focused.