PDA

View Full Version : Coke is riduculous

slaydox
04-18-2007, 11:22 AM
So i was at the store yesterday and something blue caught my eye a new drink. I walk up to it and guess what it is? Diet coke....but not
Its blue and says "Diet coke plus" curious i pick it up and guess what? Coke through a bunch of b vitamans and like 2 others in there and labeled it a health drink. Grant it its diet coke but come on....what the hell is wrong with this im sure there making one with regular coke to. I guess its good for the guys who drink diet coke alot atleast they get there vitamans....

http://money.cnn.com/2006/12/08/news/companies/coke/index.htm

Derek_of_Canada
04-18-2007, 11:50 AM
next you will see people drinking it by the liter saying its a health drink

Justin_itm
04-18-2007, 12:08 PM
People will buy anything that says "Healthy" or "GET BIG FAST" on it... Its retarded. Just like those vitamin water's LOADED with sugar. What a joke.

callmeawesome
04-18-2007, 01:17 PM
haha i drank one yesterday... tastes a little worse than diet coke.
the advertising leaves much to be desired... it really just has some B vitamins, zinc, and magnesium - nothing special and certainly no replacement to a multi.

slaydox
04-20-2007, 01:00 PM
People will buy anything that says "Healthy" or "GET BIG FAST" on it... Its retarded. Just like those vitamin water's LOADED with sugar. What a joke.

X2

Flex Appeal
04-20-2007, 01:12 PM
Spoken in a Salesman's voice- "Perfect for your Post Workout shake"! http://www.agreatweight.com/wall.gif

sugapablo
04-20-2007, 01:16 PM
It's only going to get worse:
http://www.nutraingredients-usa.com/news/ng.asp?n=57110-phood-forges-a

Struct09
04-20-2007, 01:22 PM
A local grocery store was giving away 12 oz bottles of Diet Coke Plus for free yesterday, so I got to try one.

I agree with some posts above, tastes just a little worse than regular Diet Coke (and I love regular Diet Coke). I would much rather have a regular Diet Coke, especially since the amount of B vitamins, magnesium, and zinc added to the soda are pretty trivial.

Oddball8945
04-20-2007, 02:04 PM
yea i saw that yesterday in stores i was like wtf is diet coke plus when i saw the profile and then the price i put the can down and walked away fast, pretty rediclious imo

john_29
04-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Well at least they're offering something "not as bad" as regular coke. Obviously it shouldn't be thought of as a health drink, but I prefer thing like this are around other than just regular sugar-filled cola.

LatissimusDorsi
04-20-2007, 05:33 PM
What is the problem? Once sugar loaded drinks are becoming sugar free drinks with vitamins in them... if anything it's making the general public more health conscious.

slaydox
04-20-2007, 05:35 PM
What is the problem? Once sugar loaded drinks are becoming sugar free drinks with vitamins in them... if anything it's making the general public more health conscious.

A majority of the public can careless

The Director
04-20-2007, 05:37 PM
The public buys anything with that checkmark. I've picked up some of them items, and their packed with sugar and fats.

garbage cutters
04-20-2007, 05:39 PM
its most likely going to sell well because idiot consumers that follow the "health-conscience bandwagon" comprise the majority of their targeted demographics

in10city
04-20-2007, 05:57 PM
Look at it this way - the soda manufacturers are finally realizing that they need to fortify their beverages to replace what their beverages strip out of your body ;)

cobain67
04-20-2007, 05:59 PM
Look at it this way - the soda manufacturers are finally realizing that they need to fortify their beverages to replace what their beverages strip out of your body ;)

ROFL, good point. :D

Skyles
04-20-2007, 06:01 PM
I'm not surprised, Coke will always try to come up with new produts in order to keep sales and growth up, next thing they'll do is add few grams of Vitamin C, ginseng or Taurine and give it another name.

cobain67
04-20-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm not surprised, Coke will always try to come up with new produts in order to keep sales and growth up, next thing they'll do is add few grams of Vitamin C, ginseng or Taurine and give it another name.

probably coke spiked, haha...

in10city
04-20-2007, 06:03 PM
They are already there with Enviga ;)

Wtf?
04-20-2007, 06:05 PM
hahaha wow. Just when you think Coke can't reinvent itself one more time.

Tussmann57
04-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Dude whatever, atleast they are doing something, every time a major brand takes a step in the right direction it should be hailed.

Think about it america has always had fads, the low fat fad, the no carb at all fad, organic ect....

maybe a new fad will be bodybuilding related....we can only hope and these new products should be embraced to a degree.

JiP
04-20-2007, 06:13 PM
Dude whatever, atleast they are doing something, every time a major brand takes a step in the right direction it should be hailed.

maybe a new fad will be bodybuilding related....we can only hope and these new products should be embraced to a degree.

haha, you gotta be joking, you think they actually care? people are becoming more health aware, so coke make their target audience a health aware one.

matthor
04-20-2007, 06:13 PM
its like Domino's in Aust. advertising their Fetta Veg. pizza as a healthy choice

Tussmann57
04-20-2007, 06:21 PM
haha, you gotta be joking, you think they actually care? people are becoming more health aware, so coke make their target audience a health aware one.

No. I never said coke truly cares. If you would read my post it states that any health step could be in the right direction. I care that more people care about their health.

Through this mind set things like the south beach diet product line have been created.

JiP
04-20-2007, 06:25 PM
if the vitamins in coke+ are questionable, and barely anything compared to a multivitamin i wouldn't say it's a step in the right direction. misinforming people and misleading them into believing the products are healthy sure isn't good

Justin_itm
04-20-2007, 06:28 PM
You got to be kidding... Now you just got confused people who don't think they need to change their diet, because they got Coke Plus, and Fat free(sugar loaded) yogurt, and "less sodium" processed meat. looks like you have a herd of sheep being lead right off a cliff. They got an excuse to be ignorant.

Are you more christian if you send Peter Popoff money?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Popoff

Are you more healthy now you drink CokePlus?

Its called "marketing Ploy"

Richie_Awesome
04-20-2007, 06:29 PM

How does it matter whether the people care or not? If the marketing is there and they buy it, thinking the product is "good" for them, as long as it's not loaded with the usual sugar, I'm all for it.

Granted, it should never make one replace their multi vitamin, but as long as it's sugar free, I don't mind.

if the vitamins in coke+ are questionable, and barely anything compared to a multivitamin i wouldn't say it's a step in the right direction. misinforming people and misleading them into believing the products are healthy sure isn't good

Very good point.

Oddball8945
04-20-2007, 06:29 PM
They are already there with Enviga ;)

i personally like enviga and since cases are on sale here i picked up 4 cases of the peach and berry .

Hell 3 cans a day and an extra 60-100 calories burned for doing nothing, you can't go wrong. I did'nt even buy it for that fact, i like the taste its something to drink i usually buy canned diet soda but this is cool with me especially at the price i got em for :)

Richie_Awesome
04-20-2007, 06:32 PM

You got to be kidding... Now you just got confused people who don't think they need to change their diet, because they got Coke Plus, and Fat free(sugar loaded) yogurt, and "less sodium" processed meat. looks like you have a herd of sheep being lead right off a cliff. They got an excuse to be ignorant.

Are you more christian if you send Peter Popoff money?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Popoff

Are you more healthy now you drink CokePlus?

Its called "marketing Ploy"

Thing is, I really don't think those were the kind of people whom had a multi vitamin as part of their regular diet in the first place.

JiP
04-20-2007, 06:37 PM
Thing is, I really don't think those were the kind of people whom had a multi vitamin as part of their regular diet in the first place.

partly their own fault for being ignorant, partly the huge companies fault advertising in their faces 24/7

Justin_itm
04-20-2007, 06:47 PM
partly their own fault for being ignorant, partly the huge companies fault advertising in their faces 24/7
bb
^^agreed. We are only products of our enviroment(bombarded with bull**** advedrtising) and genetics. Just look at how many people ask what supplement is going to get them massive when the first start lifting. People buy into hype real easy...

Want to learn how to brainwash a nation?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpNbeyMnG_s

Oddball8945
04-20-2007, 06:51 PM
bb
^^agreed. We are only products of our enviroment(bombarded with bull**** advedrtising) and genetics. Just look at how many people ask what supplement is going to get them massive when the first start lifting. People buy into hype real easy...

Want to learn how to brainwash a nation?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpNbeyMnG_s

reps for a good watch

|ceman
04-20-2007, 06:52 PM
LOL...this really overweight guy I work with shows me the "diet coke plus" this week. All proud that he is making healthy eating choices. He knows I eat clean and he wanted to show me how good he is doing too.

All I could do was shake my head.

Justin_itm
04-20-2007, 06:56 PM
reps for a good watch

Thanks

LOL...this really overweight guy I work with shows me the "diet coke plus" this week. All proud that he is making healthy eating choices. He knows I eat clean and he wanted to show me how good he is doing too.

All I could do was shake my head.

Dude, I know just what your talking about. I work with alot of fat people, and they always ask me "HOW DO YOU EAT ALL DAY WITHOUT GAINING A POUND?!?!" I just look dumb and confused about my diet until they leave me alone...

|ceman
04-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Thanks

Dude, I know just what your talking about. I work with alot of fat people, and they always ask me "HOW DO YOU EAT ALL DAY WITHOUT GAINING A POUND?!?!" I just look dumb and confused about my diet until they leave me alone...

Yeah, they are always telling me "are you eating again?!?!".

I say "yep and I am still losing weight, go figure (duh)"

Justin_itm
04-20-2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah, they are always telling me "are you eating again?!?!".

I say "yep and I am still losing weight, go figure (duh)"

...exactly. This one guy Gabe. ALL he talks about to me is about how great his lifting is going, but how he never sees any results. He keeps asking me about my workout routine, and supplements. So first things first I asked him "How man hours do you sleep a day" and he tells me "I go to bed around 3am". At this point I realize how clueless he really is. I start giving him the diet/sleep speech and I could tell he lost intrest. Thats why I dont help people anymore man. Once they realize its going to take some life adjustments they tune you out.

1quick1
04-20-2007, 08:50 PM
There's probably no difference between this vitamin coke and all the vitamin/energy drinks available nowadays. It's the new trend. Right next to Guitar Hero II.

in10city
04-21-2007, 04:39 AM
i personally like enviga and since cases are on sale here i picked up 4 cases of the peach and berry .

Hell 3 cans a day and an extra 60-100 calories burned for doing nothing, you can't go wrong. I did'nt even buy it for that fact, i like the taste its something to drink i usually buy canned diet soda but this is cool with me especially at the price i got em for :)
... and at 5 calories a can, just do 5 minutes of jumping jacks or stationary lunges and you're all set ;)

The only thing that I don't like about these "health" drinks with their added vitamins and minerals is the fact that I already get plenty of what they're giving me...

xamadeix
04-21-2007, 04:42 AM
I think this drink is going to make average american feel good about drinking coke.

Oddball8945
04-21-2007, 04:49 AM
... and at 5 calories a can, just do 5 minutes of jumping jacks or stationary lunges and you're all set ;)

The only thing that I don't like about these "health" drinks with their added vitamins and minerals is the fact that I already get plenty of what they're giving me...

same here, i drink plenty of green tea and get my multi and such. I think its kinda rediclious don't get me wrong i just got enviga for cheap and in bulk(my dad owns a trucking company and ships tons of softdrinks all over the east coast).

I especially hate the vitamin water, i mean i actully thought it was a good idea but when i see it has like a good 100 calories or so of sugar for the whole bottle, that totally skews the point of drinking it in the first place.

xamadeix
04-21-2007, 04:51 AM
I especially hate the vitamin water, i mean i actully thought it was a good idea but when i see it has like a good 100 calories or so of sugar for the whole bottle, that totally skews the point of drinking it in the first place.

Yes! I thought it was great too, Alot of my friends drink that and I always tell them its just sugar.. take a multi.

Oddball8945
04-21-2007, 05:00 AM
Yes! I thought it was great too, Alot of my friends drink that and I always tell them its just sugar.. take a multi.

yea same here i see tons of people drinking it, i was actully intrested in it as something decent to drink until i saw it had so many useless calories. If they made a calorie free version and priced it like any regular bottle of water for the same size i would actully pick it up as oppose to regular plain water

in10city
04-21-2007, 06:57 AM
yea same here i see tons of people drinking it, i was actully intrested in it as something decent to drink until i saw it had so many useless calories. If they made a calorie free version and priced it like any regular bottle of water for the same size i would actully pick it up as oppose to regular plain water
It's even funnier to see people at the gym drinking the stuff while they "play" on their swiss balls and balance boards... they barely expend enough energy to burn off a sip of it... now if they were drinking it while scrubbing the tile grout in their shower, that's another story ;)

Justin_itm
04-21-2007, 10:44 AM
Looks like we can all agree on the title of this thread then?

slaydox
04-21-2007, 11:19 AM

When i was in new york i didnt bring a mutli so i just got a few bottles of those vitamin waters a day. Helped get some vitamins in me though. All i was eating was candy and lots of italian lmao

mrselfde_struct
04-21-2007, 11:56 AM
wow. this is news to me. i sure hope this stuff dont come to Canada! ;) ;) :)

jellygod
04-23-2007, 03:25 PM
i think im going to go to the store and get some of this stuff right now!, not because im interested in the vitamins, i just wanna see how bad it tastes, id much rather buy a bottle of multis for 10 bucks than buy a 2 dollar coke with **** for vitamins in it. but i always like to try something new.

cobain67
04-23-2007, 03:26 PM
least now I can feel good about drinkin my sodazz, haha.......