PDA

View Full Version : It Sucks Having A Cold...

jlells01
04-18-2007, 09:22 AM
Cliffs Notes:

1. Came down with a NASTY cold

2. Was able to lift the second day of it (just a really sore throat)

3. Two days later (today), I want to lift again, but know I shouldn't (snot running everywhere/constantly blowing nose, etc, etc...)

4. Feel so awful...first day I've skipped since starting two months ago!

jaberocs
04-18-2007, 09:23 PM
Cliffs Notes:

1. Came down with a NASTY cold

2. Was able to lift the second day of it (just a really sore throat)

3. Two days later (today), I want to lift again, but know I shouldn't (snot running everywhere/constantly blowing nose, etc, etc...)

4. Feel so awful...first day I've skipped since starting two months ago!

i'm exactly in the same situation as you are. i'm in the third day of my cold so it should be going away soon. i'm holding off on lifting because i dont want to collapse, and/or have crappy lifts.

AgoNy124
04-19-2007, 05:02 PM
ditto, just came down with a cold, runny nose, all that ****, im constantly sniffing, and getting headaches from doing it, and it makes me tired, and i try and lift weights with higher reps, but its really hard to push your self

Jimmy Smith
04-19-2007, 06:44 PM
Have you been dieting?

AgoNy124
04-19-2007, 07:20 PM
i started, but i sprained my ancle, and put a hault to that, but i normally do 8-12 reps, i just started doing 15 reps becuz with my cold, it was harder to do heavier weights

nikeair91
04-19-2007, 07:45 PM
I haven't been sick lately but I had a cold a couple weeks ago and felt like complete crap until i went to the gym, i guess i "sweat it out" or something