PDA

View Full Version : Acl

essawi
04-18-2007, 01:28 AM
from month ago i dropped on my knee while playing football, the MRI report said that i have mild partial tear in acl and pcl
and till bow i feel little pain when i twist or bend my knee with wide extent
i just wanna know if i will be ok again and my knee will be normal and the acl and pcl will return as before
and now can i play squat or deadlift

someguy20
04-18-2007, 06:02 AM
Maybe not 100% back, some basketball player fresh out of highschool went into the pros tore his ACL Badly and never returned but your not a pro and your tear probly wasnt as bad.

honez
04-18-2007, 06:45 AM
from month ago i dropped on my knee while playing football, the x-rays report said that i have mild partial tear in acl and pcl
i just wanna know if i will be ok again and my knee will be normal and the acl and pcl will return as before
Did you get an X-Ray or an MRI, because they can't tell if something is torn with an X-ray, only bone breaks.
But anyways, if they saw some tears, I would get some advice from a doctor. I have no idea how good they are in Egypt...so good luck.
I wouldn't push your luck with a knee, a knee injury can seriously set you back for a while, I know first hand.

bb1235
04-18-2007, 07:29 AM
I had ACL Reconstruction, tore it in half. Came back round 7 months later and never had trouble with it since. Rehab is long but since yours is partially torn Doc usually tells you to stay away from physical Act. for a while. Dont chance it cuz if you end having to have surgery you'll be out for a while. And hell no dont squat or deadlift.

essawi
04-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Did you get an X-Ray or an MRI, because they can't tell if something is torn with an X-ray, only bone breaks.
But anyways, if they saw some tears, I would get some advice from a doctor. I have no idea how good they are in Egypt...so good luck.
I wouldn't push your luck with a knee, a knee injury can seriously set you back for a while, I know first hand.

iwas wrong, i had MRI
and about the doctors in egypt,no one could tell me the same thing, they are not good at all most of them
so any one here could advice me what to do?
the MRI report said i have mild partial tear

honez
04-18-2007, 04:39 PM
http://orthopedics.about.com/od/aclinjury/f/partial.htm

Treatment of an ACL tear is most dependent on how much knee instability is caused by the injury. Therefore, there is no critical cutoff (i.e. 50%) for determining when ACL reconstruction surgery is necessary in the setting of a partial ACL tear. Rather, the decision should be based on a combination of symptoms (instability, episodes of 'giving way,' etc.) and physical examination findings (Lachman test, pivot-shift). If there is instability perceived by the patient, and physical exam findings consistent with laxity of the ACL, then reconstruction is a reasonable option.
Unfortunately, incomplete tears of the ACL are difficult to assess. When looking at an injured ACL during an arthroscopy, your surgeon can assess the look and feel of the ligament to make an assessment on the extent of the injury. However, this look and feel method of assessing an ACL is very subjective. Not everyone will agree on what looks good and what looks bad. The better method of assessing a partial ACL injury is based on the aforementioned symptoms and examination findings.

essawi
04-19-2007, 01:19 AM
http://orthopedics.about.com/od/aclinjury/f/partial.htm

Treatment of an ACL tear is most dependent on how much knee instability is caused by the injury. Therefore, there is no critical cutoff (i.e. 50%) for determining when ACL reconstruction surgery is necessary in the setting of a partial ACL tear. Rather, the decision should be based on a combination of symptoms (instability, episodes of 'giving way,' etc.) and physical examination findings (Lachman test, pivot-shift). If there is instability perceived by the patient, and physical exam findings consistent with laxity of the ACL, then reconstruction is a reasonable option.
Unfortunately, incomplete tears of the ACL are difficult to assess. When looking at an injured ACL during an arthroscopy, your surgeon can assess the look and feel of the ligament to make an assessment on the extent of the injury. However, this look and feel method of assessing an ACL is very subjective. Not everyone will agree on what looks good and what looks bad. The better method of assessing a partial ACL injury is based on the aforementioned symptoms and examination findings.
thx but i didnt have any instability or giving away after the injury till now , i went to a docotr he made lachman test and siad i have complte acl tear
and the mri will tell me
after 10 days i went to the other doctor mad test on knee and siad it is normal nad when she saw the mri ( mri report was mild partial tear in acl and pcl) and said to me it will be ok
but it is amonth now and i feel little pain when bending my knee hardly?
what u suggest because as u c the doctors in egypt arent that good

honez
04-21-2007, 01:26 PM
thx but i didnt have any instability or giving away after the injury till now , i went to a docotr he made lachman test and siad i have complte acl tear
and the mri will tell me
after 10 days i went to the other doctor mad test on knee and siad it is normal nad when she saw the mri ( mri report was mild partial tear in acl and pcl) and said to me it will be ok
but it is amonth now and i feel little pain when bending my knee hardly?
what u suggest because as u c the doctors in egypt arent that good
I don't know man, you're kinda in a tough situation being in Egypt.
I am not a doctor and I only know what I've been through...I've torn my ACL and have had 4 knee surgeries, but as far as a partial tear I don't know.
The only advice I can give is try and do as much of your own research if you can if you don't believe in Egypt's doctors. If your knee is giving you problems, then don't push your body through it.

By the way, can you afford having a knee surgery? I don't know how the health care system works over there and the quality of it.

GGsgotguns
04-21-2007, 01:36 PM
Partial tears can be worse than a tear for real athletes. Had them both with reconstructive surgery. Because it's a partial tear and you have not had consistent doctor evaluations, I would stay away from deadlifting and let yourself heal. It's just not worth the risk. Partials that do not heal up when aggrivated just right can be worse than if it were an original tear from the start.
My reconstructive was 13 years ago and I still feel it in my knees when I deadlift. I have developed sufficient compensation muscles, but deadlifting is murder on the knees. I'd definitely put down the bar for a while!
Best of luck!

nourrrr
12-30-2007, 03:41 AM
from month ago i dropped on my knee while playing football, the MRI report said that i have mild partial tear in acl and pcl
man u need to work on the balance board and leg press and 1/4 squat and don’t make it half just 1/4 , i have the same problem in my both knees a partial tear in the ACL and a grade 2 injury in the MCL so the best exercise u should do is the balance board exercise coz it let all the muscles of the leg works the front and the rare and it will keep your leg becomes more stable.

essawi
12-30-2007, 07:52 AM
man u need to work on the balance board and leg press and 1/4 squat and don?t make it half just 1/4 , i have the same problem in my both knees a partial tear in the ACL and a grade 2 injury in the MCL so the best exercise u should do is the balance board exercise coz it let all the muscles of the leg works the front and the rare and it will keep your leg becomes more stable.

ya 3am dah men shahr 4 enta lessa faker
we fein el board ya 3am
:)