PDA

View Full Version : Headaches

markyg
04-18-2007, 01:51 AM
Ok ive done a search and not found much so hoping I can get some much needed help. Been training for a good while now and did a fairly successful bulk from July - Feb. Started my cut March time and if I`m honest not been too great about diet at weekend but am working hard on it. Anyway on monday I went to a spin class at lunch and after about 5 mins got this massive splitting pain in the front of my head very much like a migraine. Continued to the end of the class but was in a lot of pain. After the class had finished it eased off slightly but never completely went away until I took a few paracetamol.

Went to the gym later that night chest/triceps day. Managed 2 sets of incline press before I got the same sharp pain and had to stop.

Didnt go yesterday thought a day off would be beneficial and went to gym this morning. 2 sets in and exactly the same thing again :(. Eased off slightly after I had finished but I am still sitting here with a sore head. My diet is fairly good a 40/40/20 split getting around 200g protein although I feel my calorific intake may be a bit low - currently around 2,000 when my maintenacne is around 2,600 so will start to eat a few more calories. I get plenty of water in my diet as well but I doubt the calorific deficit is to blame as I have had this diet for past few weeks now.

Any suggestions appreciated guys

Marky

Flex500
04-18-2007, 07:15 AM
exertional headaches, very very common during sex and exercise and other strenuous activity. Here is a thread I made about it....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=566390&highlight=exertional+headache

BradleyS
04-18-2007, 08:46 AM
how much water do you drink daily?

markyg
04-18-2007, 08:47 AM
exertional headaches, very very common during sex and exercise and other strenuous activity. Here is a thread I made about it....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=566390&highlight=exertional+headache

Thanks for the link I will concentrate more on my breathing and will try drinking more and do some cardio first!

markyg
04-18-2007, 08:52 AM
how much water do you drink daily?

Anywhere between 4-8 litres although I do drink a lot of coffee which doesnt help in hydration.

hotlatin916
04-24-2007, 02:41 AM
When I first started working out. I was drinking a lot of water and taking supplements, but was not eating enough calories. I started eating more calories and it went away.

markyg
04-24-2007, 02:51 AM
When I first started working out. I was drinking a lot of water and taking supplements, but was not eating enough calories. I started eating more calories and it went away.

That seems to have been my problem. Ive started a cut and was only taking in about 2000 calories and I need 2800 for maintenance plus I upped the cardio significantly. I`ve now upped my calorie intake a good 300 or so and the headaches seem to have stopped. Ive also reduced weight/reps and concentrated on breathing properly

Flex500
04-24-2007, 08:41 AM
good to hear