PDA

View Full Version : Lifting Post-Mono

macm7f
04-17-2007, 02:56 PM
I've just gotten over mono. I haven't lifted in 3 weeks and I was out of rugby for four weeks. Needless to say, I've lost weight and feel pretty crappy. I've tried lifting, but the weight I can lift is less. I also have no more muscle endurance, partly due to the virus itself, partly due to inactivity, and I would assume the symptoms of fatigue are still present. It's pretty discouraging when finishing four sets of ten at 165 lbs. on the bench press is impossible. I've tried NOXplode, and I really don't care for it. I've been off of creatine for a while, would cycling back on help boost endurance? Basically, if anyone else has gone through this and can tell me how to fix the problem or help push through it, it would be much appreciated. Thoughts?

macm7f
04-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Also, please no, "Pain is weakness leaving the body" stuff. I want to know how to overcome the fatigue/after effects of this virus. My spleen is back to normal size, so that's not a concern. Also, since we came in 2nd at Westerns, the rugby season is over. What's my best course of action?