PDA

View Full Version : Light weight possible during injury, or better to completely stop?

quest-x
04-17-2007, 12:48 PM
For instance, I'm in the processes of recovering from a wrist injury and am wondering if I could still curl the 15-20 lb dumbbells. I feel my wrist pretty much feels no strain whatsoever from curling these guys... but maybe I'm wrong?

If I could still use light weight while recovering, I would be able to do light weight flies for my chest, and that would be great.

Any thoughts/experience on this?

tcpombomb
04-17-2007, 01:49 PM
I hurt my wrists also. I have tried curling 5lbs dumbbells (lol) but I couldn't find anything heavier at home. I am tired of not being able to lift. Just go for it. Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

quest-x
04-17-2007, 02:02 PM
I hurt my wrists also. I have tried curling 5lbs dumbbells (lol) but I couldn't find anything heavier at home. I am tired of not being able to lift. Just go for it. Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Working through the pain is exactly what got me into this situation in the first place. I should have started going light or stopped completely when I first felt the pain weeks ago.