PDA

View Full Version : Left Kidney Starting to hurt

grandprixgt2132
04-17-2007, 11:43 AM
I drink a ton of water every day and im really not taking supplements that would affect the kidneys that i know of? what do you guys think. Please look at my stak and see if there is something that i dont know

thanks
Jon

Uriel_da_man
04-17-2007, 01:05 PM
You could always post what's in those supplements you know...

user904904904904
04-17-2007, 01:11 PM
My kidneys have been hurting sometimes too..
Usually it's my left but sometimes my right too.. and it's been doing it since I started regularly working out (a month ago or so).

Two months ago, I quit drinking.. I was downing at least 2-3 26ers a week to myself. Now I rarely drink at all aside from the occasional glass of wine with dinner. Or would that have anything to do with it?

I do drink tons more water now so maybe they're just adjusting?

It does worry me a bit, though..

grandprixgt2132
04-17-2007, 01:56 PM
My kidneys have been hurting sometimes too..
Usually it's my left but sometimes my right too.. and it's been doing it since I started regularly working out (a month ago or so).

Two months ago, I quit drinking.. I was downing at least 2-3 26ers a week to myself. Now I rarely drink at all aside from the occasional glass of wine with dinner. Or would that have anything to do with it?

I do drink tons more water now so maybe they're just adjusting?

It does worry me a bit, though..

Yeah it really never gives me a problem and i have been lifting for years. Thats why it scared me a bit today. It did go away after i drank a few bottles of water. Maybe i just didnt get enough water today. I mean thats all i drink so i dont know how i could be low on fluids but who knows.
Nice idea to stop drinking! That could def do it to you. Not that i really know bc i dont drink but i assume it would:) I guess we will see if anyone else throws in some input and go from there. I believe in my case it was an H2O issue. Hopefully in your case to

Jon

someguy20
04-17-2007, 03:48 PM
Kidney stones maybe, too much calcium, or too little of calcium.

My friend was drinking too many cokes, it actually takes calcium from your bones to calm your stomach which messes with your kidneys.

Anyhoo if it continues ask a doctor I doubt anyone here will know much about kidney pain.

Flex500
04-18-2007, 07:11 AM
honestly if your kidneys are hurting go to a doctor and get bloodwork done. More than likely everything will be fine. But you shouldn't ignore "kidney pain". I mean that's not normal.

ChuckBird
04-26-2007, 10:23 AM
GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!. Trust me I know all about it. My right kidney had to be removed in August of 2005. They said it was from a birth defect that finally caught up with me. I told them I competed in bodybuilding and was eating over 300 gr of protein a day. Now I can only have 80. The doctor said the protein didn't cause the problem but it also didn't help anythig. They told me if my kidney had been healthy to start with it wouldn't have been a problem.

Here's what i suggest you do. Get you blood pressure check and you creatinine level check. If either are high it could be a kidney problem. Espeacially your creatinine level.

It might be nothing at all, but take it from me it's better to be safe than sorry.

I hope you start feeling better.

Bonecrshr
04-26-2007, 10:27 AM
I agree...if you're certain that you are having a problem with your kidneys and its not just a minor back strain or something, you NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR! NOW! Good luck...

Flex500
04-26-2007, 02:05 PM
I agree...if you're certain that you are having a problem with your kidneys and its not just a minor back strain or something, you NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR! NOW! Good luck...
also a good point, oftentimes it is actually back pain, not kidney pain. However the best option is to just get some simple blood work done.

jrxic
04-27-2007, 11:51 AM
I had kidney pains for a while and I ignored it thinking it was just muscle spasms.
Now I live only one of them. I had the left one removed and was out of commission for about 7 months. I now have to watch what I eat because if not I get GOUT attacks which are no joke. During that time I got fat from 220 lbs 11% Bf to 230 32% fat.

I had hydronephrosis which caused only 40 % of my kidney to work and retain the rest which later created urinal track infections. I had stents put in and nothing worked.

so now if you have discomforts go get checked out being on dialysis is not fun.

http://www.bui.ac.uk/patientinformation/uretericstent/ureteric.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydronephrosis

russman109
04-27-2007, 08:40 PM
You could always post what's in those supplements you know...

Sure dude. You obviously haven't taken your body to its limits.