PDA

View Full Version : Natural Peanutbutter???

Poor Excuse
02-26-2004, 02:09 PM
hi whenever i go to the store i look for "natural" peanutbutter.. but i dont see any. all the brands i see just say peanutbutter and dont say "artificial" or "natural". how do i know what is natural and what isnt? can u guys tell me what brands to get? any input/advice is greatly appreciated thanks

simplecanibus
02-26-2004, 02:47 PM
all natural peanut butter will usually say all natural. the oil separates from the top, usually made with no GMO's, and has no hydrogenated oils. that's the difference.

R_N_S
02-26-2004, 03:23 PM
it'll say no trans fatty acids

the only ingrediants should be peanuts and salt really

i have smucker's natural peanut butter, says natural right on the front, it's in a glass jar, not a plastic thing

mivi320
02-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by rippednshredded
it'll say no trans fatty acids

the only ingrediants should be peanuts and salt really

i have smucker's natural peanut butter, says natural right on the front, it's in a glass jar, not a plastic thing

Yeah, I also buy the Smuckers. Most Wal-Marts carry it. It's quite reasonable price-wise as well.

simplecanibus
02-26-2004, 06:22 PM
i've heard to only buy the arrow mills (???) brand because of the weather conditions it's grown in (arizona or mexico i think, i think arizona) that it has no problems with mold. i guess most peanut butter manufacturers have lots of problem with mold and many people have allergic reactions and never contribute it to that. but, as i said, there seems to be no incidence of mold with this brand.

massive member
02-27-2004, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by rippednshredded
same here.

did you guys notice last year that they changed the nutrition label? one serving was 200 calories now its 210.

Mike83
02-27-2004, 07:08 AM
I just got smuckers natural pb

Its so good! but i restrict myself to only alittle each day, if not i could just eat and eat pb.

I froze it one day and enjoyed it frozen, give it a try if you like.

Edge_90
02-27-2004, 07:10 AM
I get Crazy Richards natty PB...

BullGod
02-27-2004, 08:43 AM
find a health food store...here we have one called wild oats where you can grind your own...there is a hopper filled with peanuts,you flick a switch and out comes peaunut butter....ingredients? Peanuts!

dso
02-27-2004, 08:44 AM
I was going to make this a new post but since this is about Natty PB I will keep it in this one. What do you guys think about eating celery w/ natty pb when trying to lose weight? (Not concerned about retaining as much muscle as possible).

psulifter
02-27-2004, 08:48 AM
Go right ahead. Celery is mostly just cellulose and water, very few carbs here. Natty pb is good for all phases of bulking, maintaining, cutting...it is a healthy fat (in moderation of course).

dso
02-27-2004, 08:50 AM
Ok cool, I plan on going off Keto because I seem to be getting bulkier than thinner. I need to find something healthy that I can eat alot of becasue It takes alot ot fill me up.

Eric_FXST
02-27-2004, 11:10 AM
Ah...Crazy Richards. That stuff is GREAT!
Is it a Pennsyl-tucky thing or what?

I too have to control myself, or I'll eat 5 or 6 spoonfuls.

I like it better than regular peanut butter.

Eric.

jake_f
02-27-2004, 04:12 PM
What about Smucker's low fat natural peanut butter?

sidewinda
02-27-2004, 04:17 PM
Lowfat peanut butter kinda defeats the purpose - the oils found in natural peanut butter are good for you and should be a part of your diet. Bump on the freshly-ground stuff, I'm eating some right now!

dilly
02-27-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by jake_f
What about Smucker's low fat natural peanut butter?

Low fat usually means high carb and sugar!