PDA

View Full Version : Elbow Injury from extensions

Tony888
04-17-2007, 06:11 AM
A while ago I hurt my elbow, well not hurt, its fine unless im doing tricep excersises such as pull downs, skul crushers etc. But it feels as if something is moving and is quite painful at the time. I heard it is quite a common injury so was wondering if anyone had the same problem and how you got over it.

Thanks Tony.

rwpage1s
04-17-2007, 01:35 PM
The first question to ask is how long have you had this problem? If it has been just recently then take some time off and let ur elbow rest. If it only hurts when during extensions, it sounds like Lateral Epicondylitis (AKA Tennis Elbow). This can happen from the overuse of your wrist extendors. There is an elbow strap that you can buy that might help. If not, use RICE (rest, ice, compression, elevation).

shiznut123
04-17-2007, 09:04 PM
I think I have the same pain, I have it on the tendon connecting my tricep to my elbow joint. When i first start out, I feel the pain the most, then as I get warmed up, the pain completely goes away. If I don't warm up correctly, the pain is always there. Tendons get less blood circulation than muscle(according to http://www.tennis-elbow.net/tenniselbow.htm) so chances are the pain will still be there for a few months, maybe years. Right now, I just make sure I warm up correctly for 10 minutes and then go on with my exercise.

Bandolero
04-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Buy some Glucosamine and drink it several times a day. I bought it in the pill form and would drink 3 pills a day. (It was the Extra Stregnth) Trust me I had the same problem you did and this is what got rid of my problem. Im going to be honest it took a few weeks for it to completely go away but it did and I have not had any pain since.

RWHJR3
04-19-2007, 09:30 AM
Buy some Glucosamine and drink it several times a day. I bought it in the pill form and would drink 3 pills a day. (It was the Extra Stregnth) Trust me I had the same problem you did and this is what got rid of my problem. Im going to be honest it took a few weeks for it to completely go away but it did and I have not had any pain since.

I know what you mean, I have tennis elbow right now..pretty bad too, to where I can't put any resistance on it without it hurting. Im on my 3rd week now without doing bicep/chest/tricep exercises and im going nuts. It is SLOWLY going away. Im taking CISSUS (just started), Glucosamine, Collagen (helps repair cartilage) and Fish Oil (besides overall being good for you, it lubricates the joint). Good luck and make sure you rest it and stretch it.

AgoNy124
04-19-2007, 05:00 PM
i play tennis for 2-3 hours on the team, and then proceed to lift weights, u wanna talk about elbow pains lol. i have a mild case of tennis elbow, what i suggest doing, which i did, is take about a week off, and dont lift, and go back and it will greatly help

Sick Puppy
04-24-2007, 02:25 AM
what i suggest doing, which i did, is take about a week off, and dont lift, and go back and it will greatly help Yeah, that removes the pain, but what about the lost conditioning? No pain is great, but then when you go back to training you'll hurt it again.

You gotta rehab it too- get the ROM back through stretching, then get the strength back by gradually working the muscle back to where it was. Of course, where it's tendon, the fun begins as they are always a bitch to heal, but you gotta work rehab like you train- work it hard and regular, but know when to back off. :D