PDA

View Full Version : Hernia

chris189
04-16-2007, 07:35 PM
When i do standing curls i get pain in my abdominal.Or any other exercise that i do standing.I usually breathe all the way through the rep too.Is this a sign of a possible hernia?

godzillaisgreen
04-27-2007, 12:33 PM
it might just be a strain. does it only happen when youre doing standing exercises? i had a prob. with my lower ab around the pubic area a few months ago and thought i had an inigual hernia. i had alot of pain when i tried to do any kind of lifting. you should feel around where it hurts and see if anything is bulging out of the ab wall and if there is go to a dr. i just took it easy for a few weeks and all the pain went away...hope that helps

Neck Harness LancerV
04-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Hernias=Have to be fixed by surgery

dumac
04-27-2007, 03:38 PM
go to a doctor. he will be able to tell if you have one. what he will make you do is cough while he is holding your testicles. i had hernia surgery when i was 3 and i don't remember much of it. i hear its worse if your older though.

Davecox
04-27-2007, 06:30 PM
There's usually a bulge around the area of the hernia. I've had 3 hernias. Not fun stuff, but there was very little pain and mostly a weakness feeling in the muscle. 1 small one on my left forearm, another small one on the left side abdomin and one noticable bulge above the nut sack. Took about a year for the pain to stop after surgery.

See a doctor if you are in pain and find out what it is, could be several reason for the pain.