PDA

View Full Version : Stretchmarks from weightlifting

Goten1
04-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Are they possible to get? I may have gotten one - I have a big red looking stretchmark kind of on my lower shoulder.

SwagMorris
04-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Not possible at all. Bodybuilders that weigh 250+ pounds, or even 190 or so, never ever get stretch marks.

end sarcasm/

Goten1
04-16-2007, 07:35 PM
Not possible at all. Bodybuilders that weigh 250+ pounds, or even 190 or so, never ever get stretch marks.

end sarcasm/

ok?

RollTide95
04-16-2007, 07:38 PM
I have the same thing! Only I didn't take care of it early enough. I have very large red stretchmarks on both of my lower shoulders. It's the deltoids I believe. I find stretch mark lotion for pregnant women works pretty well.

PainOfPayment
04-16-2007, 07:52 PM
you will get them use coco butter to help prevent them

SycG
04-16-2007, 09:31 PM
coco butter and shea butter are best to use for preventing stretch marks. They can also reduce stretch marks you already have.

mike_mckenna69
04-16-2007, 09:57 PM
i use strong vitamin e oil

hemi_n_cali
04-16-2007, 10:00 PM
I used a cocoa butter with shea butter for pregnant women for ny stretch marks for 5 months every day. Did it twice, i never seen an improvement. Hopefully it will work for you. ive given up. Only thing ive heard is time and a dark tan. Good luck, ive just learned to live with it.

cap10raygun
04-16-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah I have some on my left bicep. I think cocoa butter is best to help prevent new ones from forming. It might still work though on ones that have formed already, not really sure. I heard that tanning makes it worse because the stretch marks tan differently from the rest of the area. This makes it stand out more. Someone mentioned something interesting last time. Not sure how it would look but they said something about getting a tattoo to cover it up.

de_barathrum
04-16-2007, 11:09 PM
meh...

wear your stretch marks with pride.... you earned them.

Goten1
04-17-2007, 04:03 PM
coco butter and shea butter are best to use for preventing stretch marks. They can also reduce stretch marks you already have.

This is probably an idiotic question, but where do I find these products?

midnight_maraud3r
04-17-2007, 04:03 PM
cosmetics section at wal-mart or wherever.

also i've been using cocoa butter for a few monthes now...at least once every 2 days and haven't noticed a difference in mine at all. it sucks but whateva.

v4lu3s
04-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Best thing to do to avoid em in the first place is make sure you are using some sort of lotion/moisturizer, or so i have been told. Keeping your skin moisturized i guess keeps it more pliable and less likely to stretch.

I also do not think putting a tattoo over a stretch mark is going to be a great idea if you ask me, I suspect that the coloration and stuff would be weird. I know that several of my tattoos have scars through them know or have scarring in them and you can clearly see where there is scar tissue and where there is good skin if you do more than glance at them in person.

cap10raygun
04-17-2007, 05:03 PM
I also do not think putting a tattoo over a stretch mark is going to be a great idea if you ask me, I suspect that the coloration and stuff would be weird. I know that several of my tattoos have scars through them know or have scarring in them and you can clearly see where there is scar tissue and where there is good skin if you do more than glance at them in person.

I would figure they would look kinda weird. I was just kind of interested on what they would look like. I dont have any stretch marks around my tats yet thankfully. You mind posting a pic on how yours look like (no homo).

Flex500
04-18-2007, 06:18 AM
Are they possible to get? I may have gotten one - I have a big red looking stretchmark kind of on my lower shoulder.
if you grow bigger you'll get stretch marks. Look at the stomachs of pregnant women.

You can use lotions, potions, vitamin e, coco butter, etc. that will help. But when it comes down it if you are getting bigger and bigger you are going to get them, I don't care if you bathe in vitamin e.

BradleyS
04-18-2007, 07:51 AM
feel lucky guys...I have white stretch marks on my biceps, red stretch marks on my shoulders...white stretch marks on the back of my shoulders, on my chest, on my stomach, on my sides under my armpits, and some more red stretch marks on my lower back.

guess that's what I get for once being a 260lb guy with scrawny arms and legs