PDA

View Full Version : Spot reduction -hell no.

Paul21
11-19-2001, 09:48 AM
Look people, I am growing tired of repeating this over and over again. Spot reduction is impossible unlesss you want lipo. Period. For those of you that already know this, this does not apply to you. I love giving advice, and helping people out. However If I have to tell someone that you lose fat collectively ONE MORE TIME I am going to get an AK47 and kill everyone in my gym. Last night, without fail, some guy with some what of a beer belly approached me for advice. He wanted to just lose his belly, but didn't mind the fat evrywhere else because it made him look big. Upon telling this guy that it is not possible, you lose fat collectively. He asked me if I was sure, and said that's not what he heard. He said all his friend does is crunches, and he has a flat stomach......................after going into detail explaining that his friend probably has a better diet and/or higher metabolism he outright told me no. "everybody is the same" and "cardio is not the answer" he says. After I got done chuckling I patted him on the shoulder and said "Good luck with that" and walked away. Some people will never learn....

Logo
11-19-2001, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Paul21
Look people, I am growing tired of repeating this over and over again. Spot reduction is impossible unlesss you want lipo. Period. For those of you that already know this, this does not apply to you. I love giving advice, and helping people out. However If I have to tell someone that you lose fat collectively ONE MORE TIME I am going to get an AK47 and kill everyone in my gym. Last night, without fail, some guy with some what of a beer belly approached me for advice. He wanted to just lose his belly, but didn't mind the fat evrywhere else because it made him look big. Upon telling this guy that it is not possible, you lose fat collectively. He asked me if I was sure, and said that's not what he heard. He said all his friend does is crunches, and he has a flat stomach......................after going into detail explaining that his friend probably has a better diet and/or higher metabolism he outright told me no. "everybody is the same" and "cardio is not the answer" he says. After I got done chuckling I patted him on the shoulder and said "Good luck with that" and walked away. Some people will never learn....

For the most part you are 100% right. However, there are a few new transdermal products that just may prove aid in spot reduction. The most promising of which is Avantlab's Lipoderm-Y. Check out there site and read Par Deus's detailed scientific explanation of how lipoderm-y might actually aid in the spot reduction of adipose tissue. Keep in mind that lipoderm is a far cry from being anything like cutting-gel which is only a diuretic.

Paul21
11-19-2001, 01:20 PM
I am not the foremost expert, I have not done any real research on cutting gel and lipoderm........But this is what I heard from reliable sources (people that actually do research):

Cutting gel temporarily removes water weight from a specific area only to eventually be redistributed by the body flooding the area once again..............I heard lipoderm is a gimicky product that doesn't work.......it supposed to mechanically breakdown stubborn fat cells (adipose) but still needs to be burned...........rendering it useless w/o diet & exercise.

Like I said, I'm no expert on these products, but maybe someone like BC can add something intelligent here......

P.S. Nothing replaces good old fashion cardio, and a low carb, low fat, high protein diet to lose weight. The only real supp'l I would recommend is an ECA stack..........(brand of your choice)