PDA

View Full Version : yogurt

*J-Walk*
04-16-2007, 02:40 PM
just bought 2 containers of silhouette peach yogurt and ive been eating half a cup yogurt and half a cup cottage cheese before a workout is that ok? or will the sugars from the yogurt hinder my fat loss muscle building process?

isnt yogurt supposed to be really healthy for you as well?

tweaked17
04-16-2007, 04:28 PM
meh.. i prefer lowfat plain yogurt. less expensive in the long run than all this jazzed up garbage. tastes better too once you develop a taste for it.

Skull Crusher Chris
04-16-2007, 04:46 PM
I believe it is the "live yogurt cultures" in the yogurt that sis healthy for you. It is the healthy kind of bacteria. I have seen on some containers "contains live yogurt cultures" so I would choose ones that say that.

tweaked17
04-16-2007, 04:57 PM
I believe it is the "live yogurt cultures" in the yogurt that sis healthy for you. It is the healthy kind of bacteria. I have seen on some containers "contains live yogurt cultures" so I would choose ones that say that.

yes, and since i can't find the cultures in the above product, i won't be buying it. i only buy yogurt that lists the active cultures, though most of the time it's safe to assume it's l. acidophilus and bifidus. I like to see guaranteed live cultures on the label and i like them listed in the ingredients.

i also hate the soupy texture of flavored yogurts. yuck. doesn't even stay on your spoon.

jslt1
04-16-2007, 05:01 PM
just bought 2 containers of silhouette peach yogurt and ive been eating half a cup yogurt and half a cup cottage cheese before a workout is that ok? or will the sugars from the yogurt hinder my fat loss muscle building process?

isnt yogurt supposed to be really healthy for you as well?

For me any and all yogurt I've ever tried as put fat on me like crazy. You might be different but, I cant touch the ****.

jellygod
04-16-2007, 05:05 PM
i eat dannon light and fit because it only has 60 calories, contains active cultures and has zero added sugar,zero fat, and 5 grams of protein.

sportyhp
04-16-2007, 05:11 PM
ive said it so many times before and ill never stop loving it: f age 0% yogurt, has 13 g. protein, 6 g. carbs, 80 cals per individual package...you can buy it in bigger containers tho

bombing
04-16-2007, 05:14 PM
sportyhp which brand is that, the plain fat free yogurt i buy is 120 calories per 1 cup with 12g protein and 17g sugar?

sportyhp
04-16-2007, 05:19 PM
sportyhp which brand is that, the plain fat free yogurt i buy is 120 calories per 1 cup with 12g protein and 17g sugar?

this is a greek style yogurt (not sweet, you'd have to add splenda or something but i still love it)......the brand name is F age (i have to put a space b/c bb.com wont let it be written out)...the type is 0%...go to google and type in f age yogurt and their site will come up

skinny buckeye
04-16-2007, 06:00 PM
get yourself some ON pro complex vanilla protein powder, and take 1/2 cup oats, 1 scoop protein and 1/2 cup fat free yogurt .. you'll have ton of energy with plenty of protein.

works great. at your age just eat eat eat!

*J-Walk*
04-16-2007, 07:39 PM
so yogurt wont hinder my fat loss if i eat it before workout?

Aindreas
04-16-2007, 07:44 PM
Kroger Carb Master yoghurt has 80 cals and 12 grams of protein. I eat two of them every morning before class. It's tasty and cheap as hell too. I think it's like $.30 a carton with a Kroger Plus Card

bookv
04-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Stonyfield Farms natural plain yogurt. (per 125g: 90 cals, 3g fat, 9g carbs, 7g protein), the best plain yogurt there ever was. Phenomenal texture and fantastic tartness.

tweaked17
04-16-2007, 08:49 PM
Stonyfield Farms natural plain yogurt. (per 125g: 90 cals, 3g fat, 9g carbs, 7g protein), the best plain yogurt there ever was. Phenomenal texture and fantastic tartness.

long time buyer, but because of an enourmous price difference 2 weeks ago i tried "La Yogurt" lowfat (1.5% fat) yogurt. pretty damn good, only like 2.99 for the same 32 oz container compared with stonyfield's ~$4-$5. the bit of fat gives it an even better texture/flavor.