PDA

View Full Version : heart pains

yCat
04-16-2007, 03:27 PM
I worked out last Thursday. Thursday night I woke up in the middle of the night to pain in my heart area. It wasnt excruciating, but it was defiantly there. When I woke up the next morning, it still hurt. I took the day off of school and I didnt go to the gym for the next few days. It went away mid-day, and hasnt come back over the last couple days.

So yesterday i worked out since I felt I gave my body a good amount time to rest, felt great. However again, I woke up in the middle of the night to again experience these heart pains. It took me a while to get back to sleep. When I woke up this morning it was still there, so I just lay in bed for a while. 20mins later it was gone so I got up. An hour ago after I ate a can of tuna it started to come back. I just finished eating dinner which consisted of pasta and salad and it went away.

So basically Im wondering, what the hell is wrong with me? I feel great during my workouts. The only thing ive done differently recently is take xtend. 2 scoops during, one post. But I dont really think that it has anything to do with it. Im going to the gym tomorrow and will not take Xtend just in case.

Can anyone offer any insight?

specialk01510
04-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Its your heart man. Go see a doctor, dont **** around.

I know you are only 20, but Ill tell you about my dad.

He went to Vegas for his birthday. He felt some chest pains and ignored it and passed it off as indigestion. He had it for like 4 days. Anyway, he ignored it and flew back to Mich when the vacation was over. On Monday morning he finally gave in to the chest pains (they were not severe) and went to the doctor. When the test results came back and the doctor looked at him, I **** you not, he almost fell over. He had blockage in two of his 4 major arteries. One was 70% blocked and one was 99% blocked. If the latter would have hit 100% he would have instantly died on the spot. It was a miracle he survived the flight home.

My dad is not in bad shape for his age, but you never know. So take it from someone who it scared the **** out of, and he would tell you the same thing, dont **** around with your heart. Go see a doctor.

yCat
04-16-2007, 03:52 PM
wow

how did he fix it?

specialk01510
04-16-2007, 05:15 PM
He had to have 2 stints put in the 99% blocked artery and one in the 70%.

He had to do therapy, get a heart doctor, take medicine, radically reconstruct his diet, and start a new workout plan. Hes lucky to be alive, but it has been the best thing for him.

yCat
04-16-2007, 05:19 PM
damn thats heavy ;\ good to hear it went well for him!

im going to the doc first thing tomorrow morning... i hope its not as bad as that.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuugggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhh

wish me luck i guess. i suppose ill post what the doc says when i get back from the doc.

yCat
04-17-2007, 09:02 AM
Just got back from the Doc.

I explained to him my situation, he checked my heart beat and blood pressure and said everything was normal. He asked if i played sports, i replied i lift weights. He said that since im 20 its likely it could be muscular related and asked if i warm up properly. He told me to take advil as needed and gave me an EKG test.

Its funny, everytime i see this doctor he always suggests advil. Shill? lol.

I hope the EKG test comes out ok.