PDA

View Full Version : Hurt my back doing deadlift!

DBD Warrior
04-16-2007, 02:54 PM
Hi my name is mike and I'm having some serious pain in my back right now. I warmed up well one day and I tried to max out on deadlift with 315. I got half way then I used my back a little and started to feel some tears and crunches in my back then immediately I dropped the weight. I have been resting for 2 weeks now and will probably be resting for another week if i'm lucky. I have a pain at the right of my left lat and right underneath my shoulder blade. It won't get better and I am very worried. Someone please help me I don't know how to get it healed anymore than it already is. Thank you for your time.

Mike

Fleshka
04-16-2007, 03:03 PM
Hi my name is mike and I'm having some serious pain in my back right now. I warmed up well one day and I tried to max out on deadlift with 315. I got half way then I used my back a little and started to feel some tears and crunches in my back then immediately I dropped the weight. I have been resting for 2 weeks now and will probably be resting for another week if i'm lucky. I have a pain at the right of my left lat and right underneath my shoulder blade. It won't get better and I am very worried. Someone please help me I don't know how to get it healed anymore than it already is. Thank you for your time.

Mike

**** MAN!!! keep icing it. i tore my rotator. sucks. DO NOT go back to the gym yet. 2-3 weeks prob not enough. id see the dr. we thought mine was nothing turns out i had a tear and fluid in there. it been almost 3 months i been out of upper body :( good luck.

Chris0288
04-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Yeah I injured mine 5/6 weeks ago doing deads, hurt down the bottom left.

I kept doing gym etc but nothing on back for 4 weeks, it was still sore so I took a week off doing anything, I ice it everyday and lie down on floor for 20 mins etc and its not sore anymore

So my tips are:

Keep posture perfect
Lie down often to take pressure off completely
Ice regularly
plenty of sleep

Go see a physio too

HALON
04-17-2007, 03:53 AM
Whats with people maxing out, I never max out on any exercise cause its just not worth the risk,no matter if you warm up right, proper form, you can still injure yourself and end up f##kng yourself up for life. imagine no more bench press.

Tyro
04-17-2007, 04:30 AM
I cant bench ever again but thats a diffrent story and i wasant maxing out.

BryanS90
04-17-2007, 02:29 PM
It's dumb to max out.. But plenty of rest, ice it and buy Biofreeze balm and have someone rub it on for you definitely helped me when i ****ed my sholder

DBD Warrior
04-29-2007, 11:08 AM
It's not my fault my coach requires it in order to pass the class. I have a 4.0 and can't afford to get anything lower than that you know?

It's dumb to max out.. But plenty of rest, ice it and buy Biofreeze balm and have someone rub it on for you definitely helped me when i ****ed my sholder