PDA

View Full Version : Get your diet assessed by the experts.

R.I.C.
11-19-2001, 06:41 AM
I thought I'd create one thread where people can get the current diets assessed by the 'experts' out there. I think I speak for everyone when I say that any guidance will be much appreciated.

Okay I guess I'll go first ! ;)
I've chalked out my diet for fat loss, it is as follows. I'm currently 6'0" 215 lbs and about 13% bf. My goal is to get to 8% - with minimal/zero muscle loss...

7:30 am
Whole wheat cereal with low fat milk
GNC Mega whey protein with skim milk

10:30 am
Sliced chicken breast with tomato & lettuce on wholemeal bread
Apple

1:30 pm
White pasta w/tomato base stir thru sauce, and chicken breast pieces
GNC Mega whey shake with skim milk

4:00 pm
Sliced roast beef with tomato & lettuce on wholemeal bread
Banana

6:00 pm
Workout (40 mins cardio at the end)

Straight after workout (8 - 8:30 pm)
Isopure protein with skim milk

Okay I'm not sure where to go from here, I'm sure the shake won't completely fill me up, so what else should I have ? And should I have another Protein shake before I sleep to prevent my body going into a catabolic state ?

I'll be deeply grateful for any guidance.

Blindfaith
11-25-2001, 08:42 PM
Your diet looks pretty decent bro... just remember to keep your protein consumption to about 250 grams/day and you should get to where u want to be.

Buff_Daddy
11-27-2001, 01:12 AM
hey, im also in melb, where in melb are you, and what gym u go to?

Awais
11-29-2001, 12:31 AM
looks decent to me bro. just watch .. dont go too high on carbs and keep up the protein and wish u luck :0)

AWAIS

IxI Dan IxI
11-29-2001, 05:55 PM
Yeh, your diet is very impressive. You learned that if you have frequent small meals, your body's metabolism burns all day long!

I don't know when you goto bed but always, have 30 grams of protein before bed time.

reason: The body only bulids muscles when you're asleep.

Good luck

-dan

R.I.C.
11-29-2001, 09:34 PM
Thanks a lot for all ur replies, it's much appreciated.

I am beginning this diet on Monday (2nd Dec) and I shall post my results in the new year.
I'm still a little unsure about what to eat along with my protein shake - after my workout. I know just the protein alone won't fill me up... I'll probably still be starving !

So a further question. What do you guys, who are out there to shed fat, eat after a workout ? I've heard meals including white pasta, white rice, or bread are appreciated by the body, because of the quick glycogen uptake into the muslces ? Any thoughts on this ?

Thanks again, in advance, for any insight.

And Buff, I'm from South Oakleigh.... work out in a local gym there, nothing special. What about yourself ? I saw your pics, looking good friend.... great arm development.

CyberGod
11-29-2001, 09:46 PM
Hey R.I.C,

After a workout, i think its wiser to DRINK something than to eat whole foods. The reason is simple: after a good intense workout, your body is in big need to get some nutrients, such as carbs and proteins. Now that time is critical, and lasts about one hour. By eating whole foods (like pasta or chicken or whatever) you slow down your digestion, and therfore, slow down the uptake of nutrients to your muscles. That's why I prefer going with a protein shake than eating a chicken ;)
In other words, you will NOT "quickly uptake glycogen to your muscles" by eating whole foods coz they take time to digest.

What i like to take after a workout is a good blend of whey/casein/white eggs. Its a shake that ressembles BigCat's postworkout shake (a great intelligent and nice fellow).

Shake :

1 liter of skim milk
30 g of whey
4 egg whites

Now you need to watch out the calories on that shake, its around 500-600 calories, 70 g of prot, 50 g of carbs. I'm trying to shred fat too, so i dont really eat before workout and take this shake after workout so that i can still respect a low calorie intake.

Hope it helps you.
Good luck

tennant07
03-18-2010, 11:21 AM
Thanks a lot for all ur replies, it's much appreciated.

I am beginning this diet on Monday (2nd Dec) and I shall post my results in the new year.
I'm still a little unsure about what to eat along with my protein shake - after my workout. I know just the protein alone won't fill me up... I'll probably still be starving !

So a further question. What do you guys, who are out there to shed fat, eat after a workout ? I've heard meals including white pasta, white rice, or bread are appreciated by the body, because of the quick glycogen uptake into the muslces ? Any thoughts on this ?

Thanks again, in advance, for any insight.

And Buff, I'm from South Oakleigh.... work out in a local gym there, nothing special. What about yourself ? I saw your pics, looking good friend.... great arm development.

Hey bro, diet looks good for the most part. You just wana make sure you get in your carbs pre workout and post workout. Those are the single most important times of day to get carbs. (first thing in morning important to). You definitley want some whey protein right after you workout. for someone your size i recomend around 40g. Right after i lift i have an apple, 30g whey and 10g of casein. Then within the next hour i will have sort of carbs from whole grains/veggies and some lean protein like chicken, tuna, turkey. And yes always before you go to bed have some slow digesting protein. Like cottage cheese, or casein protein is ideal. Hope this helps

beefcake66
03-18-2010, 11:23 AM
epic bump

kusok
03-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Yeh, your diet is very impressive. You learned that if you have frequent small meals, your body's metabolism burns all day long!

I don't know when you goto bed but always, have 30 grams of protein before bed time.

reason: The body only bulids muscles when you're asleep.

Good luck

-dan

^^^ bro science

switch270
03-18-2010, 11:38 AM
6:00 AM - 3 slices bacon, bagel with philadelphia low fat cream cheese, bowl of captain crunch w/ skim milk

10:00 AM - banana

12:00 PM - 2 cans tuna, drained, wrapped in lettuce. handful of walnuts

3:00 PM - servings steamed broccli. snickers

6:00 PM - $5 footlong, varies

9:00 PM - 3 muscle milks

kusok
03-18-2010, 11:44 AM
What would be wrong with THIS diet?

1- meet caloric requirement for the day
2- get 1 grams complete protein per 1 lbs bodyweight for the day
3- get 0.5 grams fat per 1 lbs bodyweight per day
4- sandwich the work-out between 2 carb and protein meals
5- eat WTF I want when TF I want otherwise while choosing better foods (fruit > coke etc)

Why does it have to be the same thing every day? Like: An apple at 5am! Why can't it be a banana or oatmeal? Who cares?

switch270
03-18-2010, 11:49 AM

5- eat WTF I want when TF I want otherwise while choosing better foods (fruit > coke etc)

Why does it have to be the same thing every day? Like: An apple at 5am! Why can't it be a banana or oatmeal? Who cares?

Because that would mean all the people asking this ridiculous question actually used their brains and applied the information already on the board. Instead, they come up with some stupid diet for one day that apparently they've psyched themselves into believing they will eat every day religiously for the next X months, and then post it to see if it's "good" or not.

I basically think people should stop responding to these posts with anything other than a link to the sticky. If you can't learn to count calories and apply those guidelines, you're doomed to failure anyway.

HYDRAE
03-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Hey bro, diet looks good for the most part. You just wana make sure you get in your carbs pre workout and post workout. Those are the single most important times of day to get carbs. (first thing in morning important to). You definitley want some whey protein right after you workout. for someone your size i recomend around 40g. Right after i lift i have an apple, 30g whey and 10g of casein. Then within the next hour i will have sort of carbs from whole grains/veggies and some lean protein like chicken, tuna, turkey. And yes always before you go to bed have some slow digesting protein. Like cottage cheese, or casein protein is ideal. Hope this helps

thread is 9 years old. idiot.

epic bump

indeed

^^^ bro science

thread is 9 years old

thread is 9 years old

6:00 AM - 3 slices bacon, bagel with philadelphia low fat cream cheese, bowl of captain crunch w/ skim milk

10:00 AM - banana

12:00 PM - 2 cans tuna, drained, wrapped in lettuce. handful of walnuts

3:00 PM - servings steamed broccli. snickers

6:00 PM - $5 footlong, varies

9:00 PM - 3 muscle milks

thread is 9 years old

biggestdog2007
03-18-2010, 11:51 AM

It doesnt, it just easier to make a diet for 1 day and repeat than make a diet for a week. Personally i eat the same thing mon, wed, fri. The same thing tue and thurs and the same thing sat and sun. I cant hack the same thing every day.

kusok
03-18-2010, 11:57 AM

indeed

thread is 9 years old

thread is 9 years old

thread is 9 years old

Thus the epic bump!

switch270
03-18-2010, 01:29 PM

indeed

thread is 9 years old

thread is 9 years old

thread is 9 years old

Congratulations, 1 person bumped an old thread, and then several people didn't notice this and responded. We are all truly stupid for not looking at the post date of every previous post before responding. You are truly a mental giant for taking the time to call out EVERY person that did not notice this.

HYDRAE
03-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Congratulations, 1 person bumped an old thread, and then several people didn't notice this and responded. We are all truly stupid for not looking at the post date of every previous post before responding. You are truly a mental giant for taking the time to call out EVERY person that did not notice this.

negged - u mad?

switch270
03-18-2010, 02:43 PM
No, I could give a **** what my "rep" points on a web forum are.

trance__dreamer
03-18-2010, 03:11 PM
this thread is older than the sandals of jesus.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h302/DJReeg21/u-mad___camron.jpg

HYDRAE
03-18-2010, 03:32 PM
No, I could give a **** what my "rep" points on a web forum are.

yeah, he mad.

xxjoker12
05-28-2010, 01:16 PM
Your diet looks pretty decent bro... just remember to keep your protein consumption to about 250 grams/day and you should get to where u want to be.

i cant figure out how to post so im just going to reply and can u guys evaullate my diet meal 1 oatmeal/[protien/fiber 1/egg egg whites meal 2 can of tuna/brown ric/fruit/proteien shake meal 3 2 cans of tuna 2 cups brown rice 3 teaspoonsof egg whites and protien shake meal 4 i usually try to eat high quailty proteins like chicken or stake

i usally try to eat around 6 meals a day and i eat every three hours to assure my body does not go into a canabalstic state is this a good diet and should i not eat any carbvs past 5 or is that a myth???????plzzz swomeone help me

raychulj
06-30-2010, 01:36 PM
630am:
1/4 c oatmeal
1 tbsp Naturally more Peanut Butter
1/4 c blueberries
dash of cinnamon
4 egg whites
1 oz spinach
1 oz tomato
1 oz green bell pepper
1 oz mushroom

930am:
1/2 c cottage cheese
1 oz blackberries
6 oz gala apple
dash of cinnamon

1230pm:
3oz chicken
2 white corn tortillas
1 tsp guac
1 oz tomato
1 oz green bell pepper

330pm
3 oz sweet potato
1 tbsp Nat. Peanut Butter
dash of cinnamon (I'm obsessed!)
2 tbsp sugar free cool whip

630pm
3 oz chicken
1 oz spinach
1 oz celery
1 oz carrots
1 oz brocolli
1 oz mushrooms
1 oz green bell pepper
1 oz tomato
20 sprays of balsamic vinegarette spray dressing (only 1 calorie per spray!)

930pm
carb master yogurt (12g of protein and 4g of carbs!)
10 almonds

dietman82
09-07-2014, 01:02 PM
good routine, keep your protein consumption to about 250 grams

Luclin999
09-07-2014, 01:12 PM
And the Dead Thread Bumper strikes yet again!