PDA

View Full Version : Cheat meal?

Jim K
04-15-2007, 04:49 PM
Do you guys do this?

I used to set my cheat meal to a certain day, and hang out until I could go get that dominoes pizza.....but these days I don't even want to eat dirty.....which is good.

Do you guys do the whole cheat meal a week thing, and bust out the dirty eating?

I used to remember what the benefits were to it, but now I don't really know.

Yesterday I had a small serve of plain hot chips and a rocky road chocolate bar. I felt like **** about an hour later.

tbush
04-15-2007, 04:51 PM
if you don't want one then don't have one, but if it's the only thing getting you through the week then have at it.

ShortMonster
04-15-2007, 04:52 PM
if you don't want one then don't have one, but if it's the only thing getting you through the week then have at it.

I agree, I fell alot better when I dont cheat..but once a week doesnt kill, plus I love ice cream, so ya know it is sometimes.

Jim K
04-15-2007, 04:57 PM
I've got to the point where I actually don't want to cheat and think about how bad it is sometimes.

Get this, I was at work (I'm a cleaner in a kitchen) and I took a rocky road (a chocolate base, with almonds, nuts, bit of chocolate) and ate half of it.

About an hour later, while i was cleaning the floors, I was thinking to myself "that probably had 20-25 grams of sat fat, maybe 6-8 grams of protein, I might go for a run after work.".......hilarious.

Meanwhile th guy I work with who is insanely obese and asks for advise when it comes to losing weight, is just sitting down drinking milk by the carton.

jellygod
04-15-2007, 07:41 PM
I've got to the point where I actually don't want to cheat and think about how bad it is sometimes.

Get this, I was at work (I'm a cleaner in a kitchen) and I took a rocky road (a chocolate base, with almonds, nuts, bit of chocolate) and ate half of it.

About an hour later, while i was cleaning the floors, I was thinking to myself "that probably had 20-25 grams of sat fat, maybe 6-8 grams of protein, I might go for a run after work.".......hilarious.
as long as this fits into your calorie requirements it is really all that bad if you cheat once in a while.

Meanwhile th guy I work with who is insanely obese and asks for advise when it comes to losing weight, is just sitting down drinking milk by the carton.
if hes serious about losing weight maybe you could motivate him a little bit, just a thought, maybe he has some muscle under that flab if he drinks tons of milk by the carton all the time. oh yea btw lol at the insanely obese guy.

eatright21
04-15-2007, 07:50 PM
I don't often have a cheat meal only becasue it makes me feel like utter **** afterwards and I find that if i do cheat, it kind of mentally wears me down a bit. Also, if I do cheat, I train my balls off the next day which isn't really the healthiest thing to do either.

matthor
04-15-2007, 07:51 PM
OP are you dieting/maintenance/bulking?

cheats are not necessary but in sustained dieting and even maintenance diets, refeeds may be. So while nothgin states you must go eat pizza, having a refeed of high carbs/mod protein/low fat eveyr so often (when your feelign flat or lethargic) offers many benefits for hormone regulation and stopping the negatives of prolonged dieting from occuring (low libido, mood, appetite, stress etc)

abergirl
04-15-2007, 07:52 PM
not sure if this is too good or not but everyday i'll have about a small 50-100 calorie cheat. i've never been able to stand a full on cheat meal, but very small ones at least 3 times a week keep me sane. i think if i did a huge whole blown up cheat meal i'd feel really guilty.

abercrombie3f
04-15-2007, 08:05 PM
i know, i usually feel guilty about cheat meals so i just save them until i have to eat certain foods in certain situations (if i have a school banquet or function)