PDA

View Full Version : Elbow pain only with barbell curls

mia777
04-14-2007, 06:39 PM
Hi. A few weeks ago I noticed a lot of pain in my left inner elbow but only when I do barbell curls. If I do hammer curls, there is no pain at all. I can also do preacher curls with an EZ bar but only after I warm up with hammer curls. I really don't want to stop lifting but will if this isn't going to go away. Does anyone know what these are common symptoms of and what I should do about it?

Thanks,
Ryan

amgdoc
04-15-2007, 07:30 AM
I had a similar problem, this may or may not work. Basically, my forearms were weak. I did more wrist curls and reduced my weight on the barbell curls for awhile. I did this for a month before going back to my previous routine.

dexterium
04-15-2007, 07:38 AM
Instead of doing barbell curls, do EZ curls.

"Straight Bar Curls: If you let your arms hang loosely by your sides, you'll notice that your palms face inward. The problem with straight bar curls is that they lock your arms into an unnatural palms-up position. "In so doing, you're stressing your elbow joints, and that can lead to tendinitis," says Pearson.

Safe Alternative: E-Z Bar Curls: The bar is angled to put your elbows in a more natural neutral position."

Source: http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100157837&GT1=9145&su=hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmhome&lc=1033&wa=wsignin1.0