PDA

View Full Version : Diagnose me! (abs)

Semidose
04-14-2007, 02:29 AM
While benching I felt a pain in my stomach. I thought "oh no hernia!". So I stopped. 4 days later I went back to the gym and nothing...I was fine (so I thought). Next day I go back to lift and I feel it again. This time a little worse, an inch above my belly-button. I feel...a ball. about the size and texture of an olive, slightly hard to the touch. I said "Must be a hernia". I asked my nephew who is no MD but has had a hernia before and he claims hernias are soft and typically not in the area where my 'thing' is.

So, what is this 'thing'? Oh and I am going to the doc monday, but for now its up to you guys to diagnose. Anyone have an idea?

flangmasterj
04-14-2007, 03:07 AM
Leave it the doctor.

I'll put $5 on it being an adventurous turd.

MikeX
04-14-2007, 03:41 AM
Leave it the doctor.

I'll put $5 on it being an adventurous turd.

I will take that bet!

Yeah man, that sounds like something for the doctor. I haven't heard that type of thing before.

liGymRatt
04-14-2007, 03:43 AM
ummmm, thats sucks bro!!!!!!!!!! i would lay off everything!! yes even you know what lol...(not gay)

rb2805
04-14-2007, 07:43 PM
thats weird. i have never heard of anything like that. i would go to the doctor if i were you because you never know, it could get worse!

amgdoc
04-15-2007, 07:25 AM
While benching I felt a pain in my stomach. I thought "oh no hernia!". So I stopped. 4 days later I went back to the gym and nothing...I was fine (so I thought). Next day I go back to lift and I feel it again. This time a little worse, an inch above my belly-button. I feel...a ball. about the size and texture of an olive, slightly hard to the touch. I said "Must be a hernia". I asked my nephew who is no MD but has had a hernia before and he claims hernias are soft and typically not in the area where my 'thing' is.

So, what is this 'thing'? Oh and I am going to the doc monday, but for now its up to you guys to diagnose. Anyone have an idea?

Hernias can occur anywhere where there is a weakness in muscular wall. There are areas that are common sites for hernias, but that does not necessarily mean that cannot occur anywhere else.

MisterN
04-25-2007, 10:49 AM
I have the samething, except mine came gradually and is much smaller, like a grain of rice,but still hurts, especially after a hard abs workout.

sorbate
05-01-2007, 09:01 PM
This is a belly button hernia. If you do not get it repaired it will grow. When you get it repaired get it done laproscopic. This way you will heal faster and be back at the gym soon.

MMABastion
05-18-2007, 08:11 AM
Does it look like this?

http://www.thachers.org/images/epigastric_hernia.jpg