PDA

View Full Version : lower back hurts when i wake up in morning

yoyohomieg5432
04-13-2007, 06:35 PM
hi, finally an injury section!

anyways, when i wake up, pretyt much every morning my back hurts for an hour or 2 then goes away, its like in the tailbone right by my ass. i either sleep on my side or on my back. any ideas of what to do?

HALON
04-13-2007, 08:53 PM
If you get this in the morning and it goes away after a few hours looks like muscle spasms. Did you have an injury in that region not long ago.
You could try taking vitamin B they help with muscle spasms, and magnesium.
Before you go to sleep try some small stretches see if that makes a difference.

LilDragon
04-14-2007, 03:01 AM
Sometimes back pains are related to stress. Might want to review the things that have been happening lately and see if any could them could be related. This situation is more unlikely but it is possible.

yoyohomieg5432
04-14-2007, 11:25 AM
If you get this in the morning and it goes away after a few hours looks like muscle spasms. Did you have an injury in that region not long ago.
You could try taking vitamin B they help with muscle spasms, and magnesium.
Before you go to sleep try some small stretches see if that makes a difference.

my back has been hurting for quite a while not as bad as before. ive taken this last week off and it feels great for the most part, just not when i wake up. ive tried a pillow under my legs, and that hash elped some too. perhaps i need a new mattress

jf1
04-14-2007, 11:51 AM
i have the same problem! hurts to pull on my pants in the morning!
it helps when i sleep on my back exclusively but i have a heard time sleeping on my back...
in the winter i would lean over the furnace and let the heat blast my lower back; that helps alot!
otherwise it just seems to go away as soon as i start moving around...

yoyohomieg5432
04-14-2007, 05:23 PM
bump

Tucdaddy
04-14-2007, 05:31 PM
Sleeping in the fetal position reduces stress to the lumbar spine. Might also want to try to strengthen your lower back by doing exercises such as superman's, etc.

Geography
04-14-2007, 05:34 PM
Hows your flexibility in your hip flexors and hamstrings?

someguy20
04-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Hows your flexibility in your hip flexors and hamstrings?

Would this really cause alot of pain? Seems like ive been having back troubles and when I stretch my hammies I get releif when I dont It comes back so its weird like that.

honez
04-14-2007, 05:43 PM
Sleeping on my back would kill me when I woke up, and I also had tight hams.
Sleep on your side (fetal) like people have mentioned above.

someguy20
04-14-2007, 06:05 PM
Sleeping on my back would kill me when I woke up, and I also had tight hams.
Sleep on your side (fetal) like people have mentioned above.

known to cause a problem in itself, tight hip flexors, its like sitting at a desk for another 8 hours.

jingles142
04-14-2007, 08:05 PM
I need a new mattress. My husband likes soft matresses and like them firm. I feel and sleep so much better on the firmer ones. We recently got a pillow top and it sucks. We tried flipping it over and I slept so much better but my husband slept worse. You may want to try firming your mattress or buying new one. You also place some wood between your matress and box springs and that may help.

<~~~ Just a thought!

C-Winger
04-23-2007, 02:33 PM
Huh, I also have the same problem... but mine's above the tailbone area. More like lower back, where it curves. I always sleep on my side but I end up waking up to a sore back. I have no idea why though. But I sometimes try to lay on my back before I go into "fetal position", should I try and press my lower back flat against the matress or should I let that natural curve remain there?

yoyohomieg5432
04-23-2007, 04:26 PM
ive tried sleeping on my side more, and my back hasnt hurt as much. i think sleeping on the side puts alot of pressure on my shoulder, sometimes it will hurt during the night and wake me up briefly, not too bad though.

johnnycrisp22
05-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Try sleeping in the fetal position with a pillow in between your knees - I read about this and tried it and it seems to eliminate a lot of the pain that I used to have in the morning in my lower back.