PDA

View Full Version : how do they work???

matics2006
04-13-2007, 02:01 PM
This may be a ****ing stupid question but how exactly do fat burners work? I know you have to burn more cals. than you take in but they always talk about people losing like 25 pounds in 6 weeks. They cant be burning off that many calories. Does it allow you to burn more calories then normal when exercising or does the contents of the pill just get into fat and burn it away?

Also have you ever heard of redline fat burner. It is supposed to target fat in the pecs, abs, and arms. I just need to know because i am going to start cutting this week. Gotta get cut for summer. also the redline is supposed to help you keep on lean muscle better.

ewitte
04-13-2007, 02:07 PM
They raise the metabolism a little and pevent quite a bit of muscle loss with lower Calorie diet. For weight management a little adds up really quickly.

callmeawesome
04-13-2007, 02:09 PM
The way the most popular fat burners work (thermogenic) is by increasing your heart rate. I kinda think most fat burners are just a bunch of caffeine with a few token ingredients to make buyers think it's "cutting edge" or "a new specialized formula".

Some of them say that their products -cough- lipo6 -cough- oxidize fat making it more readily available for use as energy, but I'm not sure if I buy into that.

Hoodia, which is mostly in the female-targeted fat burner category, suppresses appetite, and it does its job there.

matics2006
04-13-2007, 02:14 PM
one more question: I usually eat lunch at school. Obviously all the food is pretty ****ty for a diet. but if i ate just french fries would it be alright? i mean could i still lose weight? I usually just drink chocolate milk with it(i think i will switch to white) but i dont drink any pop or **** like that.

Is it reasonable to lose about 8-9 pounds in 6 weeks using a fat burner and lower calorie intake? I dont want to lose that much muscle i just need to get cut up a little.

jcosley
04-13-2007, 02:20 PM
one more question: I usually eat lunch at school. Obviously all the food is pretty ****ty for a diet. but if i ate just french fries would it be alright? i mean could i still lose weight? I usually just drink chocolate milk with it(i think i will switch to white) but i dont drink any pop or **** like that.

Is it reasonable to lose about 8-9 pounds in 6 weeks using a fat burner and lower calorie intake? I dont want to lose that much muscle i just need to get cut up a little.

hahahaah!!! That shows how little you know about healthy foods. Sorry, dont mean to put you down but FRENCH FRIES or ANYTHING "FRIED" is terrible for your body. Sorry, but does your school lunch have ALA CARTE? If it does then you should at least be able to pick some kinda fruit, vegetable, or sandwich to eat rather then fried ****.

And to answer your question, no you will not lose any weight if you eat that crap everyday. Consider packing your own lunch everyday if you want to lose weight.

ewitte
04-13-2007, 02:20 PM

I hope your kidding about the fries. Fries have one of the least nutritional profiles you could imagine... plus trans fat, possible tons of Calories and little protein.

matics2006
04-13-2007, 02:25 PM
Damn. I figured if i just ate them once a day it would be alright. I guess i will just have to pack my lunch.