PDA

View Full Version : Lower back, help please

JesseC
04-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Yesterday at work there was a windstorm and a pallet of crates was knocked over and I had to pick them up. Ever since then my lower back on the left hand side has killed me. When I bend a certain way or move a certain way it feels like it tightens and it hurts like hell. It will also sometimes randomly tighten for 5 seconds or so and cause me a great deal of pain. Can anyone recommend anything for me? I want to work out today but not cause more damage to myself. Thanks in advance for the replies

TourMaline
04-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Wow man it sounds like your back is spasming...You should really go see a good chiropractor or manipulative therapist. They can really help with these injuries. I reakon you should definately not work out- atleast not doing compound movements which may recruit your lower back muscles (Deadlifts, squats etc) until you see a professional.

I am sure you know this but man next time you gotta pick something heavy up from the floor, bend your knees. Keep us posted on the situation mate.

JesseC
04-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the advice. The only weird thing is the crates were not heavy. they were empty milk crates weighing no more than 5-10 pounds thats why im hoping its just sore from turning the wrong way or something. Im going to the chiropractor as soon as I can today

someguy20
04-14-2007, 12:57 PM
BANANAS :D help also heat to relax the muscles.

iron619
04-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Yesterday at work there was a windstorm and a pallet of crates was knocked over and I had to pick them up. Ever since then my lower back on the left hand side has killed me. When I bend a certain way or move a certain way it feels like it tightens and it hurts like hell. It will also sometimes randomly tighten for 5 seconds or so and cause me a great deal of pain. Can anyone recommend anything for me? I want to work out today but not cause more damage to myself. Thanks in advance for the replies
I hope it's nothing serious man. It's amazing that the little, everyday things can take out someone who lifts weights. The good news is, it's only been one day, so it could go away after a few days. When you mentioned that you only feel it when you bend a certain way has me biting me tongue, hoping that it's not a nerve issue (like your sciatic nerve). Definitely take some time off from the gym, especially on lower body movements. Heal up, then hit the gym hard.

Nex time you feel it, you could also try icing the area (if you think it's the muscle).

Oh yeah, the chiro should help, to a point. He will likely give you some charts/papers showing you stretching techniques.

someguy20
04-14-2007, 01:04 PM
I hope it's nothing serious man. It's amazing that the little, everyday things can take out someone who lifts weights. The good news is, it's only been one day, so it could go away after a few days. When you mentioned that you only feel it when you bend a certain way has me biting me tongue, hoping that it's not a nerve issue (like your sciatic nerve). Definitely take some time off from the gym, especially on lower body movements. Heal up, then hit the gym hard.

Nex time you feel it, you could also try icing the area (if you think it's the muscle).

Oh yeah, the chiro should help, to a point. He will likely give you some charts/papers showing you stretching techniques.

Yea I lifted for a year, and never hurt myself then 1 day I held a garage door and had a ****load of pain the next day even though I had done this for the past 2 years.

iron619
04-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Yea I lifted for a year, and never hurt myself then 1 day I held a garage door and had a ****load of pain the next day even though I had done this for the past 2 years.
There ya go--another example! (We all got a few of them :)).

someguy20
04-14-2007, 01:08 PM
Also gonna add the back is nothing you want to **** with, all these years I hear my mom complaining about her back and me saying "ahhh shut up you puss" in my head then I get it and suddenly its the worst time of my life.