PDA

View Full Version : Please give me your opinions on my diet

verdatel
02-12-2004, 10:55 PM
I'm 18 years old and been weight training since 4 months. I'm 5'10" and 150 pounds. I donot want to bulk much as much as I want shape and definition. I'm a college student on a limited budget so please give me advice accordingly.

Meal 1 ( 7 am)

1) 3 egg-whites
2) 1 bowl of muesli (fibre rich breakfast cereal) w/ 1 glass of
skimmed milk
3) 1 glass of orange juice

Meal 2 ( 11 am)

1) 1 big apple
2) 1 bowl ( about 4 scoops) of low fat yoghurt

Meal 3 ( 1 pm)

1) 2 Tuna Sandwiches of about 1 can of tuna with lettuce and cheese spread.
2) 1 Glass of Pineapple Juice

( pre-WORKOUT) (5:30pm)
1) 1 Orange and protein bar

post-WORKOUT (8 pm)
1) Banana and Honey w/ milk

Meal 6 ( 9pm)
1) Grilled meat / chicken (not lean) [Indian style w/spices]
2) carrots, lettuce, cabbage, cucumber
3) Lentil soup and indian bread

before BED
1) I glass of skimmed milk

AmericanMuscle
02-13-2004, 12:09 AM
It's a little hard to analize your diet without knowing exactly how many caleries, carbs, protein, and grams of fat you are taking in.

I will stay that you may want to rethink eating tuna every day. It is suspected that there are very high amounts of Murcury in canned tuna fish. Every company that sells any kind of fish product is supposed to have tests done on there products to check Murcury levels. Canned tuna fish companies have flat out refused to allow there products to be tested for murcury. Most dietitian's(sp) would only recomend eating tuna twice a month.

jpdn83
02-13-2004, 12:31 AM
bro, you need to drop the juices except have some juice post workout instead of the milk with some whey protein. you also need some more protein in your diet.

Jandy
02-13-2004, 12:31 AM
The mercury rumor has been proven false on here serveral times.

Thumbs up for the tuna.

But yes, we need the nutritional values

verdatel
02-13-2004, 12:37 AM
Gee.. I never knew that about Tuna. Is that why many people recommend boiling the can of tuna before opening it ? I dont think that would alleviate the mercury poisoning. Anways... I myself donot know the weight breakdown of what I eat.

I'll try to list it as accurately as possible :-

1) the 3 eggs constitute perhaps 24 grams of protein.
2) I'm assuming a can of tuna fish constitutes 50g of proteins.
3) I drank maybe 2-3 glasses of milk and yoghurt a day which amounts to roughly 15 g of proteins.
4) I also eat around 400g of grilled meats/chicken at night for maybe another 40 - 50g of protein.

In total that amounts very approximately to 24 + 50 + 15 + 45 = 140 g of proteins.

PLEASE SOMEONE RECOMMEND OTHER CHEAP SOURCES OF PROTEIN TO ME ?