PDA

View Full Version : My lower back is ****ed.

Guest6666
04-12-2007, 07:34 PM
It's been injured since November and the physio(idiot, but she's hot) insists it's because my core isn't strong enough...even though i could squat over 2x my bodyweight for reps..so I've been being these ****ty core exercises, and i can now sit in a plank for about 5 hours easily.

It only hurts whenever i try to lift anything moderately heavy off the ground.. and the next(sometimes few hours later) i get tingling in my left ass cheek.

I took 2 months off lifting recently and i went back on Monday and it was exactly the same as before, as soon as i semi-bent over to pick up a 45 it hurt like a bitch.

Is it seriously ****ed, or should i just push to get an appointment for an x-ray?

bubba g
04-12-2007, 07:44 PM
It's been injured since November and the physio(idiot, but she's hot) insists it's because my core isn't strong enough...even though i could squat over 2x my bodyweight for reps..so I've been being these ****ty core exercises, and i can now sit in a plank for about 5 hours easily.

It only hurts whenever i try to lift anything moderately heavy off the ground.. and the next(sometimes few hours later) i get tingling in my left ass cheek.

I took 2 months off lifting recently and i went back on Monday and it was exactly the same as before, as soon as i semi-bent over to pick up a 45 it hurt like a bitch.

Is it seriously ****ed, or should i just push to get an appointment for an x-ray?

An MRI will most likely be the thing you need. an x-ray is good for telling you if you have a broken bone, but if the pain is from a ruptured disk, which unfortunatly it sounds like you have. My friend had a ruptured disc, and he had that same symptom... burning in his ass cheek after lifting anything.. even light things if it was repetitive.

cawchy
04-12-2007, 08:30 PM
I had a buldging disc, not ruptured. I did not have shooting pain.

I had 24 sessions of physio under workers compensation, and in 2 session with a chiro it was feeling better then it ever did with the physio.

Fresch
05-10-2007, 06:49 AM

How did you injure your back initially?